Sony Xperia XA2 your device is corrupted and cannot be trusted. Your device will shutdown in 5 seconds

I want to install e on a Sony Xperia XA2. I unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP (“fastboot flash boot twrp.zip”). ALs I then wanted to start TWRP, came the warning message “your device is corrupted and cannot be trusted and will not boot. Your device will shutdown in 5 seconds”. At that time the fastboot commands worked normally. I reset the phone via Emma and now everything is still as before but additionally I can’t get into the fastboot mode anymore(the LED turns green for a short time, then turns red and the warning message appears).

I just can’t get any further and would be very happy about advice and solutions.

Update: I managed to get back into fastboot mode, what should I do now?

is it possible and if so how can I get back to Stock Firmware?

In Emma I have chosen H3113 50.1.A Customized_UK 1312-3737 R20A User-Live COM

When I have been installing TWRP on Sony Xperia phones the file to install has always been .img (e.g. twrp-3.3.1-z3c-20200212.img). Maybe you need to unzip the twrp.zip file and flash the .img file it contains.

This is a bit confusing, because when you’re installing ROMs, you’re usually installing a .zip file which usually should not be unzipped :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

What petefoth says is right; you want an .img file to flash twrp. The zips are installers, not wanted here.

I have been using twrp-3.4.0-1-pioneer.img recently on the XA2 (pioneer)

fastboot flash boot twrp-3.4.0-1-pioneer.img

Then power off and hold vol down + pwr to boot twrp

This will temporarily boot twrp

eOS zip has its own recovery which will replace twrp on installation

And yes , select in emma the version you mention above if you’re going to install eOS dev version.

Once you have twrp up and running LineageOS instructions suggest the copy partitions procedure and I would highly recommend it to avoid potential problems.

Thanks for the quick replies. :grinning: :grinning:
I fixed the error, but now I’m facing the next problem: TWRP is currently running on my phone, I followed the instructions on https://twrp.me/sony/sonyxperiaxa2.html.
In the section:

Preformatted textYou also need to use the "Fix Recovery Bootloop" option present in the same Advanced Tab. Use that option after you have installed the recovery ramdisk successfully to avoid boot loops happening from installing TWRP Permanently.Preformatted text

I get an error1 what can I do about it or should I just ignore it and install /e/?

You don’t want to try and permanantly install twrp, even though some instructions seem to point to it.

Trying to understand your steps so far…

If you followed these steps

“Once booted, navigate to the Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk option. This will ask you to select the image you want to install TWRP from. Select the TWRP image you just downloaded and copied into device storage. Proceed to install this image.”

I wouldn’t know how to help.

I followed the instructions up to that point.

I should be able to fix this when I reflash with Emma or not?

You ‘proceeded to install’ the image you had copied to device?? and then tried to ‘fix recovery bootloop’ etc? Is that right?

If yes, then carrying on might end up in a mess. But emma can help if that happens.

Yes, that is right, i did so.

Should I reset the phone completely with the help of Emma?

OK, got it.

Up to you , might be worth a shot proceeding, I don’t know.

With twrp up, next step would be the copy partitions step on LOS instructions…

Followed by, wiping procedure in /e/ instructions (cos e has it right for twrp)

Then sideload the OS zip

And if you get as far as twrp shows sideloading completed I would recommend the following steps

unplug phone and on twrp select reboot > recovery

The phone will then reboot hopefully into LOS recovery where you can reboot system.

It is the first time I do something like this so: What is LOS Recovery?

Sorry, LineageOS recovery. the recovery that comes in the /e/os. I’ts lineage. As /e/ is derived from lineage.

My experience with xa2 is that going to recovery first helps sometimes. It can point up problems and solutions…sometimes. where booting straight into system from twrp doesn’t.

Got to go now, but I can be back in about 30 mins if you wanted more :wink:

I was about to do Reboot to Recovery, however I am confused because it says:
"No Os Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?"

That message will always be there at this point, ignore.

Bootloop, perchance?