Specific app compatibility

Hello, my first post here.

I am condidering buying an ephone, I have a simple non-smart phone currently, for a particular reason. My question is, will I be able to install and use Polar Instant, it is the app for using a network of EV charging points?

Thanks for any information you can give.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I think you should be able to use that application without any problem.
Although /e/ OS does not have a PlayStore, it does have its own app store, which you can ask to include new applications (for example Polar Instant).
Or if not, you can always download the application to be able to be installed independently (.APK). For that you can use this website, and the section “Choose Download Locations for Polar Instant v3.3.1”, choose “Generate download link” and then “Download APK (24MB) from A2ZAPK”. This will download an .APK file which you can install on the smartphone.

I have just installed and tried the app. After disabling TrackerControl the apps was starting and the map with the stations was showing. It crashes from time to time. I don’t have an account, so I can’t test it deeper.

Is that a secure download location ? from where are the apps coming ? Who will ensure, that the apk is untouched ??

I prefer using Aurora from f-droid for none FOSS apps

1 Like

I don’t know 100% if they are untouched. :worried:
“They say”:

Important Notice

Please be aware that A2ZAPK.COM ONLY SHARE THE ORIGINAL APK FILE FOR FREE APPS . ALL THE APK FILE IS THE SAME AS IN GOOGLE PLAY WITHOUT ANY CHEAT, UNLIMITED GOLD PATCH OR ANY OTHER MODIFICATIONS.

Of course, it’s better use Aurora for this app.

Thankyou, very useful.