Strugling to get internet access with my FairPhone 2

Hi everyone,
I’ve just installed /e/ OS on an old FairPhone 2 to transition from a freer smartphone (I come from iPhone…). The install went well, I managed to get roughly everything working on my phone using WiFi. Except accessing to the internet through 2G - 3G - 4G… My SIM is a Sosh card (in France) and doesn’t seem to be the problem (switching back to my iPhone, it works perfectly).
The access to the mobile phone network for call and SMS is not perfect neither (it works sometimes but not always…)
The internet access through Wifi works perfectly though…

I tried the basic fixes: switching on and off the phone / the airplane mode, I made sure that I allowed my phone to use data too.

Do you know where to look for this kind of issues, did one of you get a similar problem, and what would be the fix?

I know that a FP2 starts to be a bit old anyway, but I wanted to start with this kind of devices before potentially using a newer phone…

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Paul

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

First thing to look for to get mobile internet are the correct APN settings … every credible provider has the correct settings somewhere on its website, or you can try to find them via search … https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sosh+apn.

Once you have a reference for the correct APN settings, you can compare and set them in Settings - Network and internet - Mobile network - Advanced - Access point names.

1 Like

Hello Paul, Hello everyone

I have the same issue with Sosh and fairphone 3+. I checked APN and they are OK.
I had a FF3+ bought via the e foundation shop and I had the same issue. It had been solved with a simple reboot. But I lost this phone.SInce they are not avaialble via e foundation shop I bought a FF 3+ and installed e os myself as Paul did. The mobile web access happened once more but now I cannot find any solution.

Paul did you solve your issue, if so how did you do ?

Any other help ?

Thanks

Martin

Also you can check "prefered network” in -->settings -->mobile network -->advanced…

OR

with the dialer *#*#4636#*#*

J’utilise sosh sur mes Samsung depuis deux ans sans inquiétude