Suggestions for audits/reviews of /e/

dear all,

a question regarding audits/reviews of /e/: I am planning to email several well-known privacy auditors/reviewers, who regularly review apps for privacy, to invite them proactively to do a review/audit of /e/. I think this can only be positive:

• if there is a positive of /e/, it will be good PR for /e/
  • if problems/issues are found, this will be useful information for the /e/ team and they can work to address these

E.g. in the past there was already this Infosec review.

Do you have any suggestions for other privacy review/audit organizations or initiatives who I could contact in this regard?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

4 Likes

I recently saw a video of chris titus (youtuber) where he tried out graphene os. It ended with the conclusion that there are some apps he just couldn’t part with (that dont run on graphene). It would be cool if we could get him to try out /e/ since its similar to graphene without actually restricting the user that much

4 Likes

I am sure infosec-handbook dot eu will do another detailed thorough review, if someone sends them a phone for testing.

2 Likes

No, 22 months have past without any activity and modification. Except maybe :

• support of Pie (and 10 is coming),
  • Telegram and Signal have been removed from default apps list,
  • a new Apps Installer has come,
  • MuPDF has been replaced by PDF Viewer Plus,
  • the ecloud free storage space has increased from 50 MB to 1 GB,
  • LibreOffice has been added in ecloud,
  • you can now sync SMS,
  • there is an Easy installer to install /e/ easily,
  • pre-installed phones are sold (especially the Fairphone 3),
  • some calls to google servers have been removed,
  • MicroG is now officially supported which will help to improve the usability of very google-dependant apps that a lot of users aren’t ready to leave,
  • a better translation of the system thanks to weblate,
  • a better documentation and website,
  • a docker image to self-host your data,
  • an important amount of builds (official or unofficial) are being made in order to have a huge list of devices on which /e/ is available,
  • a lot of bugs corrected,
  • and more to come.
5 Likes

No need to try to pin it on /e/ when I and some other users flag your posts for being spam, troll, etc
Another good example of the dishonnest meaning of your posts here.

2 Likes

Is there a “most flagged” badge? Andy would earn it…

3 Likes

@Andy1 Your posts are hidden because somebody flagged it. I can understand why. Your comments are often accusing, finger pointing, and non constructive. Why don’t you start your own topic with your concerns, in a polite way, maybe you get some answers. You are still here so you must be interested in the project… Yes /e/ isn’t perfect yet, but it’s a good start.

3 Likes

If you don’t want to hear my answers please don’t ask me questions.

1 Like

Nice finally some publicity:

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

Indeed the review is nice, it doesn’t only talk about the OS but also what is around.

If you don’t want to use YouTube, use Invidious :

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.