Swsisscom Business Telephony App

Hi,
I do have troubles using this app! It is a office phone call app, so that if someone calls me atvthe office but I’m not there the call will be ringing also on this app. It is very handy for me and my office.

I do have tracker controll installed but I deactivated it for this app.
I also allowed the app to run in the background
I allowed to use batteries
I basicly allowed everything for this app (everything that I know)
The app is not supported in root mode, but my rootmode is not active.

Here are some more informations
https://www.swisscom.ch/en/residential/help/fixed-network/business-telephony.html#appdownload

The problem is, that the app do not ring when a call is coming in. Which is bad because I have to answer all calls from this number.

I noticed, that when the app is open

I will take contact with the company to ask if they have a android version that do not require google play, maybe this is the problem.

Thanks for the help

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Anyone an Idead why this app is not working proparly?

You can raise an issue reg this with a log generated after the app crashes or trying to make it work.

The app do not crash, its not working in the backgroud. Even if its allowed to do so.

I will try to do what you wrote with the logs.

If the app is open, then it works fine.
If the app is in the background, then it is not ringing. Why?

Well at 1.9 stars out of 5 in the Play Store the app certainly isn’t too good in itself (and that is presumably on stock Android). At least one is complaining precisely about your issue: “Bleibt nicht im permanent Hintergrund offen. So verpasse ich ständig eingehende Anrufe.”

So I found the problem, and it is working fine now.

It’s like always, a couple of issues together.

• I had the app still on my iPhone, this shoulden’t be.
  • Then the routing on the router was wrong (not my fault)
  • Then because I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, I then forgot to take it out of the rules frome the Tracker Control. (This is my fault)

So now everything is okay, thanks for the help!!!

I have to quickly come back to my problem. It is actually solved but I noticed that after not using my fp3 for some time (1 houre or so) the incoming cals are not going through.

This problem look like the phone or the operating system is going into deep sleep. All comunication to the outside world are beeing blocked. This is in fact a very good thing which I’m happy about but this business app has to work like the telefon system app. So no sleep at all, never.
How can I achieve this?

I did allowed alnost everything for this app even limitless usage of data in background.
But maybe something else is causing this problem.

Thanks

This business app is not a foos appbut I just read this from telegram.

Notifications

Since Android 8.0 Oreo, Google doesn’t allow apps to run in the background anymore, requiring all apps which were previously keeping background connection to exclusively use its Firebase push messaging service.

As one can’t use Google’s push messaging in a FOSS app, Telegram-FOSS has to show you a notification to keep the background service running. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be notified about new messages.

Sadly, if the app would set the notification to lower priority (to hide it a bit in the lower part of the notification screen), you would immediately get a system notification about Telegram “using battery”, which is confusing and is the reason for this not being the default. Despite Google’s misleading warnings, there is no difference in battery usage between v4.6 in “true background” and v4.9+ with notification.

This is maybe the reason why the swisscom business telefonie app isshuting down after a whil?

Thanks