Sync contact with Google Contacts

Hello all,

I’m new to a Fairphone 5 with /e/ Os, I liked the idea to have a phone without Google. In the end… Unfortunately I’m still stuck in using Google for a while… Therefor I tried to sync my contacts with Google but I can’t get it to work with the default “Contacts” app on /e/ but also on the “Google Contacts” app it’s not working.
Is there someone here who can help me out?

Thanks you all in advance.

Kind regards,

Diver

there are a few options - I’ll link you some docs. If you got the phone tethered to a murena.io Account, you could do

1. Migrate your data from Google Cloud to Murena cloud

or if you want to do it device-locally with VCF files, use the export function of online gmail and import the .vcf in the contacts App as described at “Step 2: Task 3: restore contacts”

1. Export, back up, or restore contacts - Computer - Contacts Help
  2. How to Backup and Restore an /e/OS phone
1 Like

Hi, thanks for your reply!
Your suggestion sounds workable, but it’s more a migration then syncing. Is it also possible to create a sync?

true, the Google → murena.io → phone case is no 2-way sync but a one-way migration (than you can run repeatedly though). I wasn’t sure if you have the murena account available to do that.

With throwing around .vcf files there is no sync at all. But as entries have UUIDs internally you should be able to import repeatedly without creating duplicates - and if the /e/OS export preserves them you can do .vcf pingpong both ways.

1 Like

Thanks again for your reply!
I know enough about syncing with Google, Tnx!