Synchronization e drive [solved]

That is the plan …to open up wiki documentation so that users can help. Once we have the framework in place we will be sharing the steps on the process as to how users can also update the documentation.

2 Likes

Hello,

Each time I see this kind of notification I’m thinking about our talk :
This is the CEO of a company and he post the news each time there is a new release !

It’s GLPI, so open source, but Microsoft is doing the same like many other software editor, it’s really good to follow the life of a software/product

Have a nice evening,

Simon

Hi @Poipoi we do share updates on fixes to our builds on the forum and as announcements on the telegram channels

How can one see if the e-drive job is active, and if not, how can one restart it? My photos haven’t uploaded to my e-cloud for months now (but the other elements upload just fine).

hi @cliovincent Pl can you check if the below options are selected
Settings >> Accounts > your /e/ ID >> Account Sync
Check if pictures and video is selected
Screenshot_20200117-073225_Settings

Sorry for the late response: yes, synchronisation for Pictures and videos is selected, but even if I choose to ‘sync now’, my new photos are still not uploaded to the /e/ cloud.

Hi @cliovincent can you raise a bug on Gitlab. If the option to sync has been selected then the sync should happen. I shall ask the developer to have a look at your bug.

1 Like

Hi
although I’ve added some photos and videos into my phone, I do not see them on the server side.

Through parameters, Accounts, I selected only ‘Media synchronization’.

adb logcat

command shows:

04-17 14:43:25.005 12890 19287 I davx5 : [foundation.e.accountmanager.syncadapter.SyncAdapterService] foundation.e.drive.providers.MediasSyncProvider sync of Account {name=<my_email>@e.email, type=e.foundation.webdav.eelo} has been initiated
04-17 14:43:25.005 12890 19287 I davx5 : PARAMETER #0 = ignore_settings, force, ignore_backoff
04-17 14:43:25.007 12890 19287 I davx5 : [foundation.e.accountmanager.syncadapter.SyncAdapterService] Sync for (foundation.e.drive.providers.MediasSyncProvider, Account {name=<my_email>, type=e.foundation.webdav.eelo}) finished

I use a FP2, and downloaded the last build version 20200414.

G.

Hum … All data I was talking about in my previous post had been updated right now.
I may be more patient next time ?

To all contributors who mentioned “patience”: Could you please state some order of magnitude how much patience one needs? Seconds? Minutes? Months?

Ciao – P

i have quite same troubles as cliovincent for month.
but some few photos are synced sometimes.
videos are not synced.

i have a xiaomi M8, so i inactivated the limitation for battery, and synced in Account sync, but the photos are not uploaded…

Hello there,

I’m new here. I got my /e/ phone just about a month ago.
Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem in 2020/09:
After tidying up a bit (i.e. deleting some files from the phone and the cloud) the file sync does not work anymore. The Issues page of the aforementioned eDrive does not exist anymore (404).
Can someone please tell me, how to fix this? Thank you.

Regards,
🂩

Edit: I also deleted and reinstalled the e-account several times and made sure, that the checkbox “Pictures and videos” is checked. I also tried to manually trigger a synchronization via the top right menu. No luck.

I’ve got the same issue with my FFP3+ Any news?

Hi all,
Same issue here with my S7 edge.
Last picture synced was taken on august, 2d. The next, which was taken on august, 13th wasn’t synced, and all the pictures so far.
I noticed that on august, 5th there was an update of “niveau du correctif de sécurité Androïd”. No idea if this can have something to do with it.
I just tried to change the storage file of the pictures in OpenCamera (from OpenCamera to DCIM) and took a new picture to see if it works (then manually synced). Wait and see, no sync in the last 10 mn.
(pictures and videos sync appropriately selected, of course)

Hi all & /e/-Team,

same Issue:

• deleted account
  • reinstalled account
  • hit manual synchronisation several times

Nothing.

Folders on my account but empty.

I got FP3+ from /e/ preinstalled and latest OTA-Update.

Synchronisation take time. Recently, I changed my phone. The synchornisatin was not complete for at least a whole day, or even a little more.

1 Like

Three Weeks? Not that long I would think.

Same problem here with my FP3 and the last /e/ OS version, i.e. all folders are empty on e-cloud and pictures are not synching…

Anyone got some news?

Yes, see: Pictures synchronization issue in eDrive