System update crashed

I downloaded the latest system update but when I pressed install the app crashed. After that the icons and text got a lot bigger. I know how to change that. Te clock on the lock page is gigantuous. But apparently the system update was not installed. Can I try to reinstall it manually?

On current version it says:

/e/OS
1.5.1-s-20221102231514-stable-FP4
Android 12
2 november 2022

It says that the latest controll was made 23 november even though I have checked it manually several times.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

If you are on S (Android 12) for the first time, Quick Settings (when you swipe from the top) as well as Settings are significantly bigger now, that’s a change that comes with Android 12 (however, met with some regret by some users). My own /e/OS-1.5.1-S on Fairphone 3+ has a 3 November date. So perhaps things have just worked out just according to plan with your upgrade although at first sight it might not have seemed so?

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. The phone works as usual so this isn’t a problem at the moment. I just want to make sure that everything is working correctly.

Maybe I will just have to wait until the next update and see if that works. If so, and if I don’t encounter any problems meanwhile, then everything is fine.

I downloaded the latest system update but when I pressed install the app crashed. After that the icons and text got a lot bigger. I know how to change that. The clock on the lock page is gigantuous. But apparently the system update was not installed. Can I try to reinstall it manually?

On current version it says:

/e/OS
1.5.1-s-20221102231514-stable-FP4
Android 12
2 november 2022

It says that the latest controll was made 23 november even though I have checked it manually several times.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone