'Tasks' is crashing

The app ‘tasks’ is always crashing after I changed SD card storage from internal to external.
But most apps work, also my nextcloud.
Even after wiping system, cache and dalvik and reflashing ‘tasks’ is crashing.
Is there any other chance to restart?

Just to confirm that you mean system-wide use of the SD card from Internal to External / “Use SD card as portable storage”.

When you did this did you format the card or continue with the contents on the card ?

You might try

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Tasks > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Clear cache alone might help, but more likely Clear storage would be needed ! I cannot be sure about loss of data when you do this.

Are you able to access Murena to see if at least some of your Tasks are saved there, if you are concerned about loss of data. I guess it will be down to your judgement how much of a “fresh start” you require.

Just to confirm that you mean system-wide use of the SD card from Internal to External / *“Use SD card as portable storage”.

yes!

When you did this did you format the card or continue with the contents on the card ?

I believe I did the second thing.

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Tasks > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

It doesn’t work. I don’t think I’ve lost the data. Because it’s on my cloud and I
also can access it with my computer. It’s just not possible to start the app. Maybe I have to install another one.

Any change like this it is always worth a Reboot in addition to any change !

Some devices have a Soft reset option. On Samsung for instance this
is Volume Down + Power at the same time. (You could check here if Soft reset exists for your device https://www.hardreset.info/, and / or just keep Power pressed for an extended time.)

Meanwhile you might see this “Tasks crashing” behaviour persists if you

• eject using Files app the SD card or
  • remove the SD card (power down the device first).

If you could show the crashing is linked to the SD card, I would be inclined to extract my photos and other stuff I knew I wanted from the SD card with a PC, then format the SD card. SD cards retail with Fat32, so this would be a suitable format option.

Tasks is a “System app”, it would be reinstalled at your next update.

It’s a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab S2).
Soft reset and also ejecting SD card in Files or removing it completely makes no difference.
But thank you anyway!

there’s on issue that notes how Tasks can crash on interaction, receiving a fix in v1.5 - Tasks fails to get a full access on another Nextcloud instance than e (#6143) · Issues · e / Backlog · GitLab

but I see Info about Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) - gts210vewifi last release was a v0.23-pie?

You could ping [UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) (gts210vewifi) if someone is up to make a newer build

or abandon Tasks App of course

Thank you! I abondon it.