Telephone App with bad sound

Dear Team,

When i use thé built-in telephone app, the microphone is really bad.
I installed another app from simple mobile tools and the microphone is working perfectly.
Deleting the cache and data within the built-in app didn’t help.
I’m using a Samsung S10e with the most recent version, but the problem was for prior versions too. First I thought it was an issue with signal quality inside my house, but it is a software issue.

Best regards Johannes

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Can you describe the “badness” of the sound a bit more? Is there an echo? Is there a noise of some sort or not loud enough, scratchy sound? …

I’m sorry for I won’t be able to help you … but another dialer will maybe help with the echo in my S7 - so thanks for the inspiration… will give it a try

It’s been a while that an echo appears when using the loudspeaker. Each time I call someone, he asks me to switch. Pretty annoying. I got an S7 too. Could be a good idea to switch to another phone app.

I tested again and the sound is low amplitude and sounds like noice cancelling is activated.

I don’t know if /e/OS has a built-in noise-cancelling system. If so, that would be interesting to look for the way to deactivate it. Maybe an option for a future update ? Also, a way to set the microphone sensitivity, as it seems to be the origin of the echo.
Besides, it appears that most of the built-in app have issues. I had to change my gallery and camera app. Maybe will I change of phone app too. But it’s difficult to make open-source, and so we can’t have a perfect operational system.

Would be interested in more feedback from other users aswell as I’m having a new Samsung phone here and things like this are kinda holding me back from switching it to /e/.

Dear Forum,
for my smartphone it seems to be a hardware defect.

Thanks for the help

1 Like