Teracube 2e (Emerald) dm-verity boot loops

Hello, all!

I would have filed this as a bug report, but it seems /e/'s Gitlab instance has been configured to not accept GMail accounts. Guess I’ll post here instead!

I have a Teracube 2e (2021/Emerald variant) running the latest build of e/OS/ (1.12.5-stable as of this writing). Teracube decided to implement dm-verity integrity protections on this device. Since initially flashing e/OS/, and installing every OTA update hence, I’m shown dm-verity ‘corruption’ warnings each time the phone boots.

I can work around this by re-flashing the vbmeta partitions to the appropriate boot slots using fastboot’s --disable-verity and --disable-verification switches, i.e.

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system_a vbmeta_system.img

but that requires manual intervention after every update. There is no mention of this in the phone’s CLI installation documentation, so either I’ve missed something or it was overlooked.

Does anyone know of a more appropriate or permanent fix for this issue? If there is no fix, how feasible is it to get the installation documentation updated to reflect the needed fastboot flags?

1 Like

Pl check this guide for guidance in case you get errors while adding issues to Gitlab

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.