Teracube 2e Installation (update) aborted

I have installed /e/OS 1.0-20220526188859 and downloaded update /e/OS 1.7 and I get this
Opening update package…
Verifying update package…
E: footer is wrong
E: Signature verification failed
E: error: 21
Installation aborted.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Which Teracube do you have, 2020 2e or 2021 emerald?

Maybe the download was not complete. Download again and see what happens.

2e 202011T2E00369
Once a day last 4 days I have downloaded update and try install, get the same error message.
Opening update package…
Verifying update package…
E: footer is wrong
E: Signature verification failed
E: error: 21
Installation aborted.

Missing information regarding zip names and what you were doing at time of errors.
Using assumptions, were you trying to manually flash (adb sideload / apply update) the builds? If so that will not work.

A quick search of the errors tells me that builds that start with IMG (such as IMG-e-1.7-q-20230110250405-stable-2e.zip) are (generally?) not flashable zips. You need to fastboot flash them per instructions here…

Install /e/OS on a Teracube Teracube 2e (2020) - “2e”

Others may confirm.

1 Like

Just to add background … I think this is the issue where 2e failed to upgrade from version 1.0 as mentioned in this thread: Attempting to upgrade Terracube 2e from version 1.0 to 1.1 (2020 model)

A fix from /e/ support is mentioned in Post # 12.
Attempting to upgrade Terracube 2e from version 1.0 to 1.1 (2020 model) - #12 by alexis.

This Gitlab issue covers the background in further detail.

https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/5766

No I did not try manually flash (adb sideload / apply update). I purchased the phone just for doing OTA only and not having to manually flash adb sideload updates. Received update notification /e/OS 1.7 and tried OTA update only in Settings/System updates and after reading what I need to do, the phone has been put in the junk bin no /e/ for me. Thank you marcdw and aibd for replying to my post.