Teracube 2e Second Camera

When I got my 2e with /e/, I recall the camera app allowing me to switch between the two rear cameras, but now I cannot do that and cannot find a setting to enable it. Is my memory wrong, or has this disappeared?

Update: The FreeDCam camera app recognizes and uses the second rear camera.

Hi @JC001,
Your memory is correct, I myself used the same settings on my T2e. It placed a control icon on the gui and tapping this setting cycled between the rear normal - rear wide - facing cameras.
The device has since been upgraded to the latest v1.13 and, prompted by your post,
I just checked this and I see that the same control does not work (as you say): it only cycles between the rear normal - facing cameras. I went through the settings and this control cannot be found anymore
Are you saying in your later post that you fond a different camera app (FreeDCam) that can do the proper cycling?
Have you tested this FreeDCam app? How does it compare with the stock “Camera” in /e/? The version I have for the stock Camera is 1.50.1

Yes, FreeDCam (available from F-Droid or Github) recognizes and uses all three cameras. I have it installed. You can choose from Back 0 (narrower-angle rear camera), Front 1 (front camera) and Back 2 (wide-angle rear camera). The UI is a bit idiosyncratic and there are some features that don’t work. It’s probably only of interest if you want access to the wide-angle rear camera.

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.