The countdown starts : update v1.0 of /e/OS released

Unfortunately I didnt get my reminder for the live stream, hopefully I will see a catchup somewhere.

Still, just downloaded and installed V1.0 :crossed_fingers:

We missed you in the event. Wasnt it possible for you to be in the event !

2 Likes

Hi @cedricoola, no LineageOS is not a taboo: About /e/

2 Likes

Hi @Confused, you can find the replay on launch.murena.com. For some reason for now you need to see the teaser to have the event proposed. When it is click on it and you’ll be able to watch the event: enjoy!

2 Likes

Murena team, thank you for a great and informative presentation! It’s exciting to see the message going out to the world.

It’s also cool to see you all “in person.” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s good to hear, @AudeM . thanks for your comment.
I thank the four (five) of you for the good presentation. A good team! we can tell.

1 Like

Many thanks. Will check it out tonight.

Press coverage:

(Maybe a couple of small inaccuracies…?)

https://www.androidpolice.com/murena-privacy-focused-budget-smartphone-no-google/

1 Like

The /e/ foundation is implementing some really cool stuff. If they can create spoof phone numbers for each account for 2FA, they’ll be the org to beat in the privacy race.

1 Like

Will there be v 1.0 available for Redmi Note 4 MIDO !!

The issue is not mido specific. It seems to be Pie specific. Checking with the team when Pie builds will be coming out. Will update on these threads.

3 Likes

Found another article :

2 Likes

For the lost nougat & oreo & pie builds and the sake of been around the world ;- )

Article on a major German Computer magazine / site:
https://www.heise.de/news/Murena-One-e-OS-Smartphone-ohne-Google-Dienste-7128966.html

1 Like

We are working on a post highlighting what comes as part of v1.0 and shall release it ASAP.
A technical article mentioning way Advanced Privacy works is also in the works.

2 Likes

btw who is the manufacturing partner for the murena one ? it really looks neat.

edit.: Is it made in china? or partially? I guess this is also very interessting for the e OS community - since fairphone and terracube are quite liked because of the transparent concept.

edit edit.: mh did some research based on appearance and similarities …Ok oneplus I guess >_>?

2 Likes

The german article says that this phone is the 4-year old Mediatek Helio P60.
In the comments under the article someone is worried about software updates available for a 4-year old phone. I don’t feel very confortable with that either, especially if we’re talking about security updates. But I wait and see.

1 Like

I think on XDA someone found that this is Coolpad Cool S
You can find it on GSMArena:

3 Likes

thx for the reply. It really seems to be the Coolpad Cool S. I have never heard of this brand.

Chinese Company

What concerns me a bit - according to wiki 2014 they had a backdoor installed on their Android devices.
https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/apps/pan/public/downloadResource?pagePath=/content/pan/en_US/resources/research/cool-reaper
Sure no issue for murena because it completly swaps the software (not sure about bootloader?) but how about potential hardware low level backdoors?

1 Like