The new Fairphone 3+ is coming to /e/OS

Seems like getting an FP3 was a good descision and flashing /e/ an even better one. Good to see the cooperation is going so well!

8 Likes

Will it soon be possible to pre-order?
I very much like the philosophies of FP and /e/ and have just been waiting to for an FP model coming with a good camera.

1 Like

A “good camera” for an Android phone is only as good as the camera software. The app “Open Camera” incl. “Camera2 API” does a good job. But it cannot keep up with the original proprietary camera software.

Over in the Fairphone forum people reported better results with the pixel camera app, especially in low light conditons

I tried it myself and compared it (regular camera modules of the FP3) with OpenCamera on the FP2

2 Likes

Terrific ! That makes two good news for Android 10 and the Easy Installer ! I hope it will be as fast as the initial /e/ porting on FP3 ! Wait and see !

Yes. A recent c’t (Heise) came to the same conclusion.

Please not use Twitter.
It’s a non-free network where everything advertisers don’t like gets deleted.

Unfortunately I can’t read the article completely and the resume remains hidden from me. But I have understanding for the publisher: After all, they need to earn money.

+1 for FP3+ available straight in the store.
I’d buy between1 and 5 if these appear by end November. (not after, unfortunately)

I have already installed the new cameras to see if they are working with the latest /e/.

Unfortunately they do not. Does anyone can tell if the next release end of the month will have support for the camera?

Pls check

1 Like

… which should be obvious, as the first post of this very topic here says:

3 Likes

I bought a FP3+ and it is now waiting for the new /e/OS, as I cannot use it with the preinstalled system (Say “Hi, Google”).

After installing V0.11, accounts and first apps, I only realized that the sound module is not working when I wanted to set an alarm :slight_smile: It was probably to late that night when installing /e/OS.

So +1 for FP3+ Support! Looking now to help as tester!

There doesn’t seem to be a single place to subscribe for updated on FP3+ support, like a ticket, issue, official post or repo, so that we know for sure we won’t miss the update in the midst of other updates on Twitter or by email.

This would help all the people with a random device in their drawer waiting for the day /e/OS supports that device and would, hopefully, reduce the number of “support fp3+” and similar posts in this forum.

1 Like

I suppose it would show up in the device list as soon as it is supported … https://doc.e.foundation/devices/.

1 Like

I suppose so yes but there’s multiple devices being added to that list and, as far as I can tell, no way to subscribe to changes. And certainly no way to subscribe to only the changes I care about…

1 Like

There’s only one device named Fairphone 3+, and the list is sorted, so there’s only one place in which it can show up, but ok, having a look there from time to time might be considered troublesome, if there are no other, bigger issues at hand :slight_smile: .

Thank you for your helpful and constructive feedback. I will take this onboard in future when I try to be similarly helpful and constructive. You are an example to us all! :joy:

The e-foundation has a newsletter. I’ve only just subscribed to it so I don’t know, as yet, what sort of thing it contains. But if you don’t want to go to the trouble of searching a web page, it might be worth looking there.