The problem of banking apps

Hi @Carlier , please try this! I have already for all banks in the Netherlands :slight_smile: If everyone on this forum does it, it will 100% result in change!

Hi Rik,
Thanks for the link. Have you had any luck with this?

1 Like

some interesting conversations with banks :slight_smile:
they said this was completely new to them, a non-Google Android and a non-Google app store, they had never heard of it before, and if they received more messages from others like me, that then it would get picked up internally

1 Like

Dutch banks seem to be very open-minded. I am more than a little sceptical about their French counterparts. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The Belgian bank app I use seems to work work on /e/ (download from Aurora).

true, but ideally what we’d like to get banks to do is like some apps do to make their banking apps available for download on their websites. This is equally secure, and would bypass the Google/Apple duopoly.

1 Like

Indeed, lots of trackers.
Is it possible to block these trackers?

Hello.

I don’t know if it’s possible but I don’t expect too much.

For example, French Banque Populaire doesn’t allow anymore (since a recent update) to log from PC + up-to-date Firefox if uBlock origin is enabled, sending a “Technical error” without explanation…

And Boursorama’s ‘Kador’ app doesn’t work with Android One but my son waits for an update since 2020 January.

Banks don’t care too much about customers needs…

For curiousity, I tried to get the Commerzbank app on /e/ and F-Droid. As expected: nothing found because they are closely linked to oogle and pple.

But: I’m lucky that I can access their online banking website via mobile phone again.

This is how I use it from home and - until some months ago - from Blackberry. With the browser of BB10 OS (sadly not maintained anymore), i was gradually disconnected from websites which are important for me … (see my introduction)

Commerzbank from f-droid? ?
I think that was an type error, right?
Apps fron f-droid should always work

You could read it like @csi searched for the Commerzbank App in F-Droid and found nothing.
Which would not be surprising, of course.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.