The world needs /e/ right now

Hi folks,

Firstly, great work on what you have achieved so far with the /e/ OS.

I have found that there are an increasing number of people who are keen to get off of the Google and Apple phones. There are concerns around privacy and tracking. A lot of people are going back to Nokia 3310’s or flip phones to give themselves some peace of mind that it is not as easy for companies or authorities to track them or monitor them.

I started looking at alternatives. Coming from an IT background, it is important to me that I still have some technical capabilities on my phone. I can’t see how I would be able to do my job with a dumb phone any more. I tried out various Linux builds on my phone, including Ubuntu Touch, but I found these to be only slightly better than a dumb phone, due to the lack of support for apps.

When I came across /e/, I was happy to see the large number of devices supported and also that it was still based on Android so I could install most of the apps I needed. I know that there are still a few issues with microG crashing or not supporting some of the push notification apps, but overall, the /e/ OS has provided exactly what I was looking for.

I am keen to help roll this out to more people across Australia, so I hope to be able to set up as a partner to bring freedom without losing flexibility to the people.

Thanks folks,
Tim.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.