Tracker Control / Block app trackers

I’m kind of confused about Tracker Control / Block app tracker thing.
When I turn it on with my VPN on, it says that tracker control is on; however, my understanding from this link https://trackercontrol.org/ it just works like other adblockers such as netguard, adaway and similar ones (it does not work with another VPN on.
So isn’t it misleading when it still says on while I’m using VPN (as the screen shot)?
Maybe I didn’t check things well enough though I felt like it should be noted clearly ahead that tracker control won’t be working with another VPN on.

Suppose if tracker control can’t be on, would you at least plan to implement wireguard feature or so that enables us to stay on vpn connection while tracker control being on?
There is rethinkdns that does it.

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Only the Hide My IP-module of Advanced Privacy utilizes the VPN-interface of the OS.
If Hide My IP is inactive one can use this interface otherwise.
The Trackers Blocker-module does not use the VPN-interface.
Read about AP here.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarification.
Then it’s an awesome feature there.
And it would be even nicer if I could add custom block list.

1 Like

Depending on how much “custom” you want, you could use the vpn-slot with an app of your choice for additional blocking (that is what I do), some allow to choose specific blocklists (some might even allow adding your own list).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your reply again.
I’m also using another one (rethinkdns) though would be even nicer if I could add more filter list from the tracker control (then I wouldn’t have to use another app :slight_smile:
Or maybe I’m asking for too many things (sorry if I did).
Anyways I am already impressed with this OS and thanks to all.

1 Like

Yes that would be nice, has been discussed in one thread some time ago as far as I recall, not sure if a feature request exists or if technical feasible or priority etc.

1 Like