Transfer calendar, contacts etc. from Samsung to Murena

Hello,

I have been trying for days to transfer my contacts from my cell phone to my Murena Fairphone 5.

Since I have not saved any of my data on Google, and do not intend to do so now, the suggestions I have found for transferring the data are out of the question.

I already have the contacts on a VCF file on the phone. But neither the transfer from cell phone to cell phone nor the import directly from the cell phone imports the contacts. I only get an answer like “Importing the VCF file from the SD card is not possible”. Under the notifications, the addition “the format is not supported” appears.

I also don’t know how I can transfer the other data such as the calendar.

I would be very happy to receive support.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

May this help? Migrate your data from Google Cloud to Murena cloud

Hi,

I haven’t saved my data under Google and don’t want to do so any more. I have installed SmartSwitch on both devices, but under Murena it only wants to save data, not import it. I don’t know what to do at the moment.

Hello,

I have managed it with the help of tcecyk.
After all the reading, informing and testing, I finally downloaded the Simple Contacts app from F-Droid on my old phone, exported my contacts there, transferred them to the computer, from there to the Murena mailbox, synchronized with the new phone, and the most important data was transferred.
If you know how, it’s not that much, but the hours spent trying to do all sorts of other things can be a real pain.

Thanks for the help, also to everyone else.

Greetings
Maru

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

1 Like