Transfer music files to GS290 from PC using a USB cable

Hello,

I cannot transfer music files from win10 pc to GS 290 using eOS 2.1 with a USB cable.
I see the phone in explorer, but cannot see the SD card or internal storage.
Should it be possible copy files/music to the mobile’s SD card?
If yes can some tell me how it is done?

Thanks.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Two things you might want to check to make it easier for others here to give advice:

• If you launch the FILES app on your phone, check the side bar on the left (you need to tap the “hamburger” menu made up of three horizontal lines to see it): Is the SD card listed in the side bar at all? If it is not, you might have originally set up the card as “phone storage” which makes it exclusively tied to this phone and not usable in any other device unless re-formatted.

• Have you chosen “file transfer” in the USB connection options accessible through your phone’s status bar notification? (when connected to the PC through the cable) The default connection type is “just charging” (i.e. no data transfer).

3 Likes

I did and do see the SD card in the Files app.

I had not set “file transfer” in the USB connection options before. After selecting “file transfer” the SD card was available, I can now copy music files directly to the SD card now.

Thank you for you help.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.