Trapped in Fastboot mode after failed flashing

Hi all,

Today I tried to flash Android S latest stable version : bootloader was unlocked, I enable USB debugging, boot to fastboot mode, checked that my FP3 was find through the “fastboot devices” command, unlock the bootloader and launched the script from the folder where the unzipped files are located.

After launching the chmod command for the .sh file I get the following errors text :
Writing ‘system_a’ FAILED (remote: ‘buffer overreads occured due to invalid sparse header’)
fastboot: error: Command failed

ERROR: Could not flash the system_a partition on device XXXXX.

ERROR: Please unplug the phone, take the battery out, boot the device into
ERROR: fastboot mode, and start this script again.

Now I’m no more able to leave the fastboot mode, no reboot or event the recovery mode.

Any idea of what was wrong ?

P.S.: I found AnotherElk message to someone that add the same problem, I changed the slot to b and made a Factory reset to boot again …

Did you use the fastboot command from the current Android SDK Platform Tools?

What is fastboot --version saying?
(Should be 34.0.5-10900879 at the time of writing.)

Hi AnotherElk,
I was on Ubuntu 18, so the version was an old one (not even a 30ish version) … I’m now migrating to the lastest Ubuntu version and will try to install a recent version of SDK.
Yesterday I was able to change the slot (as per your recommendation on a similar post), have been able to boot again and then install Eelo through the Easy installer.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.