Trying to Build for dumpling One Plus 5T

Hi

I’m trying to start building roms for One plus 5T

First step : rebuild 1.6-s

So far it fails but I’m not sure why , here is the log

Edit: on a second reading - ninja took too much memory and got nipped? you’re building this inside WSL?

ninja failed with: signal: killed

Many thanks for your help , starting can be a bit harsh

No I just as stated on the doc

sudo docker run \
-v "/srv/e/src:/srv/src" \
-v "/srv/e/zips:/srv/zips" \
-v "/srv/e/logs:/srv/logs" \
-v "/srv/e/ccache:/srv/ccache" \
-e "BRANCH_NAME=v1.6-s" \
-e "DEVICE_LIST=dumpling" \
-e "REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git" \
registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community

Buiding on a 24G ram 16 cores Ryzen 

I've seen this but thought this was not important as it seemed to carry on  

I did not add any build options for now.

while you can always go for a tag and it is supported, better use the BRANCH_NAME “v1-s”

your machine specs are sufficient… but again is this Windows subsys for linux aka WSL you’re building in?

Docker 20.10.12 on linux amd64

Well as this 1.6 has been released for this dumpling I thought I would get the same result using the 1.6-s tag

on ninja: the “brunch” inside the build script will grab all the cores, and using 16 will put too much memory pressure on the system until oom comes around. If you’d not build from docker you could influence the thread count of make.

(but now that the ccache is filled, maybe a second build will go through anyway?)

You can create your own build image as in Modifying a prebuilt Docker image and mount an alternative build-script that splits the brunch into breakfast + mka bacon -jX where X is a lesser core count, 12 or 8

Edit: no need to modify the image when you can also mount the modified build script from the outside. Newer versions of the buildscript upstream do offer parallel threads as environment variable

1 Like

So I gave a try for kebab ( OP8T ) seems to go further and failing at the final assembly ?

I add ram to have 32GB , kebab 1.6-s build running now , will tel you in one hour.

Even with 32 GB of ram , kebab fails as well , it seems that the size of partitions does not match

I’m a bit worried , should we be able to easily rebuild the current builds ? Do I miss some vendor blobs to extract before launching the build ?

in the kebab log of yours python exited during ota packaging, exit 134 is SIGABRT not sure how that came about though.

I still think you should reduce the core count but that would need you to part from docker. I can build Android 13 / S on a lower spec machine (4c / 16g ram).

lineage4microg, where the build script originated from has its script improved and lets you control mka / repo PARALLEL_JOBS from the outside… if you have the bandwidth just let this run for a test with 12 or 8? GitHub - lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd: Docker microservice for LineageOS Continuous Integration and Continous Deployment

1 Like

Alternatively (or at least study of !) [HOWTO] build /e/ the (full) classic way (no docker, no scripts, just 'make') might be a learning experience.

Well that is what the guide says :slight_smile: and both dumpling and kebab have been built and published by the team.

Does docker include the error.log in the logs directory ? This can be expected to point to the failure point; if the logs are kept and rotated, can you learn anything from the “history” ?

I learn a lot from a conky system monitor – or just htop in the background, but be aware that output might not fully reflect docker.

Maybe you have done it already but you might try an ordinary Lineage build.

Good luck.

Thanks you , I will dig into that when I have more time

today I 've added 40 GB of Swap to see if the OOM is the problem

Maybe just try the MINIMAL_APPS option?

Setting minimal_apps to true won’t avoid much compile time, just optimize for image size.

Most apps therein are prepackaged .apk files that get added to the build, little computational effort required.

I think the problem comes from the dynamic partition as seen in this Kebab log , the Build is OK juste the assembly fail

Extracting images for full update.
Detected .zip file, extracting Brillo image.
Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.njGYSx/META/ab_partitions.txt  
List of A/B partitions for DST_PARTITIONS: boot dtbo odm product recovery system system_ext vbmeta vbmeta_system vendor
Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.4L0zib/META/postinstall_config.txt  
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.4TshmA/META/dynamic_partitions_info.txt  
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.8VA6g1/META/apex_info.pb  
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.F7zHBX/IMAGES/boot.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.mxV9gt/IMAGES/dtbo.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.7UOLrZ/IMAGES/odm.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.YYxBDv/IMAGES/product.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.AiTx20/IMAGES/recovery.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.Dos3pz/IMAGES/system.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.pLY6l3/IMAGES/system_ext.img  Archive:  out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.klAD3z/IMAGES/vbmeta.img  
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.MVVi65/IMAGES/vbmeta_system.img  
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.UrucEj/IMAGES/vendor.img  Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[vbmeta_system]: 4096 bytes
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[vbmeta]: 8192 bytes

Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[dtbo]: 25165824 bytes

Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[boot]: 100663296 bytes
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[recovery]: 100663296 bytes

Converting Android sparse image product.img to RAW.
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.F7yxO9/IMAGES/product.map  
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[product]: 814583808 bytes

Converting Android sparse image odm.img to RAW.

inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.PL1BVd/IMAGES/odm.map  
Converting Android sparse image system_ext.img to RAW.
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[odm]: 311214080 bytes
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.W5zlW5/IMAGES/system_ext.map  
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[system_ext]: 422621184 bytes

Converting Android sparse image vendor.img to RAW.
Converting Android sparse image system.img to RAW.
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.qcujuD/IMAGES/vendor.map  
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[vendor]: 905183232 bytes
  inflating: /srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/TEMP.Op75m5/IMAGES/system.map  
Extracted DST_PARTITIONS[system]: 1881231360 bytes
Generating full update.
Running delta_generator with args: --out_file=/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/payload-ht1FLY.bin --partition_names=boot:dtbo:odm:product:recovery:system:system_ext:vbmeta:vbmeta_system:vendor --new_partitions=/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/boot.img.CawSQS:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/dtbo.img.Nkg9Yg:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/odm.img.2YJl4i:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/product.img.E1HiQM:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/recovery.img.gOzABl:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/system.img.5dZ9lR:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/system_ext.img.TSaUKj:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/vbmeta.img.l7GzRP:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/vbmeta_system.img.tBpVvk:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/vendor.img.kGAkyS --new_mapfiles=::/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/odm.map.A4m4D9:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/product.map.diP4OQ::/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/system.map.Uwy7nS:/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/system_ext.map.Gs4Gkn:::/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/vendor.map.9cy3e0 --major_version=2 --max_timestamp=1671726940 --partition_timestamps=odm:1671726940,product:1671726940,system:1671726940,system_ext:1671726940,vendor:1671726940 --new_postinstall_config_file=/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/postinstall_config.cRB1Rv --dynamic_partition_info_file=/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/dynamic_partitions_info.uAfbkZ --apex_info_file=/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/apex_info.lcAi7n
[1222/175123.793679:ERROR:payload_generation_config.cc(219)] Sum of sizes in oneplus_dynamic_partitions_partition_list is 4334833664, which is greater than oneplus_dynamic_partitions_size (3753902080)
[1222/175123.793732:FATAL:generate_delta_main.cc(628)] Check failed: payload_config.target.ValidateDynamicPartitionMetadata(). 
/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/../lib64/libchrome.so(base::debug::StackTrace::StackTrace(unsigned long)+0x17) [0x7f833e500f37]
/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/../lib64/libchrome.so(logging::LogMessage::~LogMessage()+0x8a) [0x7f833e489baa]
out/host/linux-x86/bin/delta_generator(+0xc55b5) [0x5599ad1b65b5]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf3) [0x7f833df55083]
out/host/linux-x86/bin/delta_generator(+0xc1909) [0x5599ad1b2909]

/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/brillo_update_payload: line 650: 1803550 Aborted                 (core dumped) "${GENERATOR}" "${GENERATOR_ARGS[@]}"
2022-12-22 17:51:25 - ota_from_target_files.py - ERROR   : 
   ERROR:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/ota_from_target_files.py", line 1504, in <module>
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/ota_from_target_files.py", line 1478, in main
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/ota_from_target_files.py", line 1137, in GenerateAbOtaPackage
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/ota_from_target_files.py", line 427, in Generate
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/ota_from_target_files.py", line 399, in _Run
  File "/srv/src/S/out/host/linux-x86/bin/ota_from_target_files/common.py", line 312, in RunAndCheckOutput
    args, proc.returncode, output))
ExternalError: Failed to run command '['brillo_update_payload', 'generate', '--payload', '/srv/src/S/out/soong/.temp/payload-ht1FLY.bin', '--target_image', 'out/target/product/kebab/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/lineage_kebab-target_files-eng.root.zip', '--max_timestamp', '1671726940', '--partition_timestamps', u'odm:1671726940,product:1671726940,system:1671726940,system_ext:1671726940,vendor:1671726940']' (exit code 134):

ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
17:51:27 ninja failed with: exit status 1

That’s why I suggested a minimal build :wink:

Good News I succeed to build 1.8.1 for dumpling !

Now I need to figure out how to move to stable :slight_smile:

1 Like