Turn off touch vibrations

I can’t figure out how to turn off all haptic touch vibrartions. Its a major petpev of mine haha.

Sound > Vibrate on tap

Doesn’t work.

Cheers
E

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I think I only deactivate touch vibration in two places whenever I set up an Android phone.

Sound > Advanced > Touch vibration
System > Languages & input >Virtual Keyboard > “your keyboard; by default Android Keyboard (AOSP)” > Preferences > Vibrate on keypress

7 Likes

Use the Search, Luke :wink:

System > Languages & input >Virtual Keyboard > “your keyboard; by default Android Keyboard (AOSP)” > Preferences > Vibrate on keypress

Is the answer, thanks. Not sure I like that keyboard. No emojis haha and the layout is odd.

As far as I know any keyboard can be switched to emoji mode. Try long pressing the enter key and a emoji like icon should appear. If you tap that, the keyboard switches to emojis.

2 Likes

Or long press on “Enter”.

On Q and galaxy s9 haptic feedback is off and all other vibrate is off still keyboard vibrates even power on and power off vibrates…really hate this…it was off and recently started I switch between German and English …is there a missing setting an update? Anything?
Cheers Luka

As it is said you can turn it off :

One other thing about haptic if all those settings are off and you still have touch vibration during keyboard press, which I did. I found “Alert Preferences” and vibrate was set to on, that was the last thing I tried and it worked, restart the phone and try that on 10. just a hunch.

Thank you @piero that solved it for me… S9+