Turning off notifications on calendar app

hi all,
so i have a strange question:p can anyone tell me how to turn off the notifications on the calendar app…? i use a 2nd calendar app that i like better, but now i continuously get 2 notifications. For some reason i cannot find the setting to turn it off. I have looked in the calendar app settings and i have tried the little gears icon in the notification bar (but there it says notifications for this app cannot be turned off)
Rik

1 Like

Settings/apps/ – calender app ---- Notifications.There you can also disable to calender app complete

it is not possible for me to disable the notifications here; the option to disable is greyed out. THis is different on your phone?

which version are you using nougat or oreo or pie ?

EDIT: Just seen, on nougat there is no way. :frowning:

But if you know a little about TWRP, you can delete the app via TWRP file manager

pie

hm haha that seems too difficult for me… also, it seems this should be a possibility. I’ll raise a bug/feature request.

2 Likes

In standard etar you can disable

1 Like

I have the opposite expectation. I would like to be warned by a sound and a label on the screen when an event is about to occur but the notifications I define in the calednar app appear only on screen, very discretely. I tried to define a sound but I can’t hear anything.

I just had the same problem. The TWRP solution is pretty easy.
Boot into TWRP -> Mount -> tick System checkbox (make sure “Mount system partition read-only” on the bottom is unchecked) -> back
Advanced -> File Manager -> system -> app -> Calendar
Then click the blue Icon on the bottom right and select Delete
Now you can reboot to system and the Calendar App is gone.
I just did it and i can confirm that syncing is still working.

Hope this helps someone.

Marcel

For those who wish to remain without root and TWRP, there’s also the adb shell route (see e.g. https://community.e.foundation/t/firmware-updates-removing-systemapps-without-root/15669.

This allowed me to disable the stock calendar app:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 foundation.e.calendar

4 Likes

If you too are annoyed by this bug, please give Rik’s feature request on GitLab (see below) a thumbs up . I don’t know anything about programming, but I think it should be an easy fix to allow users to change notification settings for this app?

2 Likes