Two things that are not working for me

Greetings all - I’ve been using a FairPhone 6+/e/OS for a couple of weeks now. In general things work well but a few things do not, at least for me so far. Note phones are far from ‘my thing’ so bear with me - could well be pilot error.

  1. I cannot get the home screen icons for text messages or Signal etc, to show me a dot when I have new messages. As far as I can see this is correctly enabled in Settings but the dots never show.
    (1a, I am using the Fossify launcher because the built in one was too hideous looking even for me. I do not see how to re-enable the default (Bliis, I think) one to be able to test whether that has anything to do with the ‘dot’ problem.)

  2. The fingerprint unlock only works maybe once in 10 or 15 tries. If I check in Settings, the registered fingerprints are instantly and consistently recognized, or if I need to verify my identity for some setting, it also works instantly, but it seldom works to unlock the phone.

If anyone has any thoughts on the above, I’d appreciate a pointer.

thanks, best regards,

-Dord

Device settings → Apps → Standard Apps → Start App …

Perfect, thanks so much.
-Dord

1 Like