TWRP doesn't save settings

Hi guys.
I flashed the twrp recovery on my device and
everything works fine but there is one problem
when i change language and some settings in the recovery after reboot everything return default settings.

Meaning the recovery doesn’t save settings

Please can someone help me :pray:

Hi @Elssayed welcome to the /e/ forum.

Which device and version ??

Quite difficult … perhaps just change language … does that save ok? That should be expected. If there is a translation problem in TWRP, perhaps just choose a language (like English) which you can use.

Recovery is a bit of a temporary thing … I suggest get your language right … can you then move on ??

1 Like

About device:

Brand: Umidigi

Name: Bison pro

Android 11

No, nothing is saved, such as vibration settings or storage changes. After turning on my phone, everything returns to the default settings

These apply to recovery … generally recovery settings do not apply in system.

hmmm …

1 Like

Yes, this is important to clarify, @Elssayed: Do you expect the settings you set in TWRP to be adopted into the OS when you boot it? It doesn’t work this way.

If your issue instead is that TWRP itself doesn’t keep the settings when you boot it again, this would be most likely down to the unavailability of storage. TWRP saves its settings either on a micro SD card formatted as portable/external storage, and it probably would need to be configured to use this (I can’t remember and can’t check the latter point currently) … or TWRP on your device would need to support the decryption of the encrypted Internal Storage of the OS, which is not a given.

Okay, how can you help me?

Can you help ?

If i send file a twrp boot.img can you fix it?

Put a microSD card into your device, let the OS format it as portable/external storage (important!), and then see whether TWRP can store the settings there.

Sorry, I don’t have the expertise.
Since your device doesn’t seem to be an official TWRP device currently, please ask the source of your TWRP image.