Unable to install 0.15 Unofficial on S7 Edge

Time to give this new one a try…

Oh joy!! This one installed and booted. Now, to see if there are any issues.

Great…test and enjoy…
Let me know how it’s behaving.

Yep, Android 10 in About Phone. Thanks for your help, guys. I’m going to have some fun with this.

I had some trouble with the phone app. Apparently, it does not like contacts restored by Titanium. The app will continually stop when trying to access the contacts. It’s much happier with a restore from Coolmuster
Backup.
It took me a bit to find the Developer options, they were moved. I like how it remembers my usb settings.
Uh oh, just tried to call voicemail. I can connect, but the phone keeps stopping. Emptying the cache doesn’t help.

Hey @davking glad you got it sorted- between @itsclarence and @SuzieQ I knew you would! The default Android dialer issue is known- try using Simple Dialer available via f-droid- that should fix you right up.

I got Simple Dialer installed, works much better. I noticed that sound quality is better than before, except for the speaker. It tends to drop out with both 10 and Oreo.

androidfilehost-e-0 15-q-20210305-UNOFFICIAL-hero2lte

test and enjoy is not possible because - Access Denied.

Hahahaha… it’s available now…

I’m building another one for hero2lte right now on more recent LineageOS sources. I didn’t succeed building that way the last few days. But know it’s running and building. It will be ready in about 3 hours. Maybe you gentleman @SuzieQ and @davking can test also this upcoming build, to compare with the latest one.
Regards Edwin

I have not discovered any other issues. And you guys are correct, 10 is much better than Oreo (except that phone dialer, which is fixed with Simple Dialer from F-Droid). Also got my backups installed OK. Thanks guys!

I almost missed your latest post. I’ll be happy to try the new build.

1 Like

Sir @itsclarence, since I’ve since disposed of my S7 Edge (hero2lte), I’m testing with Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte) and your e-0.15-q-20210305-UNOFFICIAL-herolte. So may I ask you to continue to produce a Q-build for this device. My experience is reported under /e/ Devices | Samsung | user-experience.

1 Like

Here you go…

This one is based on the latest LineageOS sources and TheMuppets-vendor.

@itsclarence, thank you very much :warning: Please see also @ itsclarence informs us

Would you be willing to do another build for the S7 & S7 Edge? I think the phone issues have been fixed.

I’ll look into it…

@davking

You may test this new unofficial build.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have installed it with no trouble. I’m also pleased to say that the stock dialer works correctly. No more simple dialer!