[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Android11/e/ R-ROM for Redmi note 4x (mido)

As some of you may be aware we are testing out the upgrade of our source code to Andoid 11/R.
As part of that effort we have a R-ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - “mido”
Before you proceed with the flashing and testing Please read the warning given below very carefully

• Please note this is a test build, it is build on zeelogs sources.
  • Please take a backup of your data before your proceed.
  • Coming from a different ROM or Android Versions i suggest you do a clean flash ( wipe system, data and cache).
  • also as this is a version that comes with kernel 4.9 use a twrp version that supports the same.

If you are Ok with these warnings then you can download the Android11/R image for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - “mido” is available for download here

Feedback and comments are welcome.

5 Likes

Hi. I recently installed the official version for Mido. It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forum. I saw your post just now (after installation). Testing of the Android 11-based test build continues? Is there any information about a possible official version for mido (based on Android 11)? Thanks.

1 Like

I updated the link to v1.1, but couldn t test it yet…

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the build.
Can I ask you the difference between 0.23 Pie (official) and your given Unofficial v 1.1 for Mido ?
Difference feature wise or security or privacy wise.!!

Thanks again

This version is based on android 11, also i believe that the official pie version ships with kernel version 3.18, whereas this one comes with ported kernel version 4.9, that some developers ported from the Xiaomi Mi A1.
On the OS site of things this one comes with the advanced privacy features of /e/ v1 and also with the new app lounge…
I hope that helps you.

1 Like

Yes Dear,
Thanks for quick reply.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi,
I flashed it on my working phone. Got stuck. It reboot many times (not all the times) in Recovery or get back to the first installation with an option of factory reset.
Second thing, it doesn’t detect any SIM card, in any of slots. Going back to 0.23 pie official.
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for testing it, i will try investigating myself…

1 Like

Sir, any update for mido?

1 Like

I won t be home until the end of the year so either you’ ll need a lot of patience or you pickup/ takeover the building :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok sir, i’ve a lot lot of patience, tyvm, have a nice days sir.

2 Likes

I hope, to be able to buuld straight for android12 once i ll be back. But no promises yet :wink:

1 Like

it will be great if mido can have e on a12 or a13, i’ll be waiting for your build.

2 Likes

Please give something for MIDO. Thanks

… As stated above, I am currently not available.

Hi @Chimpthepimp, are you back home ?
A mido came to me so if you need help in testing, let me know :wink:

Yes I am back at home for a bit, and had it planned to upgrade some devices. My mido is getting a bit dusty in the drawer after it got a little oilbath, but should still work :smiley: glad to hear you are still sticking to the device :slight_smile:

Only delay might be me upgrading my desktopsystem, but lets hope everything will go as aspected

2 Likes

OK @Chimpthepimp take your time to upgrade your system (what do you change btw ?)
I am trying your last build (1.1 20220701) and it is so fast and responsive ! wow impressive really.