[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] e-0.18-r (Red_velvet_cake/android_11_based) for Galaxy s4mini LTE (serranoltexx) GT-I9195

Many thanks indeed for your report. I am sorry to hear that the dialer is not fixed with this kernel. Please can you explain the term “HP function” differently ?

This first build is an engineering build so it may be hard for some “financial” apps to work nicely. However you can check in

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > microG Services for its presence.
I expect you to have Version 0.2.28.233013-135 (63b1553)-noen

There is [LIST] Banking Apps on /e/OS but in a quick search I do not find leboncoin or sncf-connect. It can be useful to check the privacy friendliness of app you intend to use with Exodus. I saw this thread Site web bloqué (leboncoin) sur FF et Browser.

about the HP thing.

When a call arrive, I hang on : I can’t hear anything.
I touch the HP bouton (loud speaker) and i can hear the person who is calling.
I means the communication between my phone and the on who call me is ok. But I can only hear what people says when I use the loud speaker and not when my phone is stucked to my ear.

THe other point is that I 'd like to install application from the play store, but by using aurora. ( you can find that app on F Droid, it’s made to donwload app from play store without google account (witch I don’t have))
For my example, I’d like two apps : Leboncoin (2nd hand sale) and SNCF-connect (main train provider in France)

these two apps correctly installs using aurora but both crash when I launch them. I But it’s because they need some google services and, as /e/ user, I don’t have them.

MircroG is the version you expects : 0.2.28.233013-135

hello @renton i have “leboncoin” working on my daily “e-0.18-r-20210814-UNOFFICIAL_MINI-serranoltexx”

just tested “e-1.15-r-20230920-CUSTOM_SLIM-serranoltexx” on a speare device…

1. same problem with “leboncoin” but i don’t think that “microG” is the cause as it works with the same versions on my official s4active device e-1.15-r-20230916331434-dev-jactivelte).
    note : using a previous installed 18 month old app leboncoin i was abble to open the app but not to connect to my account. but after updating it the app crash
  2. i have called my “message box” and i can ear it without external speaker using both dialer apps
1 Like

Thanks for clarifying HP. With this experimental build you would have had to install your own browser. Which browser did you install ? Did you also install a system webview ? This may affect some apps, I think.

Edit, I have gone on to test leboncoin on my OnePlus One bacon; the app fails to open.

@piero, thank you for testing.

I use Firefox as web Browser ( but to be honest, I don’t really understand why you ask )

Blockquote
Did you also install a system webview?

I 'm not really sure what answer you expect. I check on the web what a webview is.
I did not intentionally install one . Maybe is there one installed by default ?
Otherwise, could you advice me one on F droid ?

Could it be a reason that make the app (the show information from the website) crash ?

Let me know and I ll test.

That is what I thought might be happening.

However I run the same build and I do have F-Droid Bromite System Webview manually installed from F-Droid; leboncoin still fails to open and run.

You might read this https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-android-system-webview-7107919 to help decide if a system webview would be important or useful for you.

i just get a booting e-1.17-r-20231106-CUSTOM_MINI-test-serranoltexx.zip build that i already think better for average user because it contain more basic apps as Camera Message Mail Browser BrowserWebView.

• Because of /system partition too small,
    It dont include :

App_Lounge (for now replaced by F-droid and Aurora Store)
Advanced_Privacy (for now unfortunatly my main goal is to incude it even by removing other apps)

Maps (you can add Magic-Earth from Aurora Store)

PdfViewer (you can add one from F-droid Store)
LibreOfficeViewer
OpenKeyChain
Pico TTS
eSpeakTTS
SpeakNG
VOSK
Talkback
OpenWeatherMapWeatherProvider

2 Likes

Hi Piero
Glad that you are still trying to update this… I’m using e-018 on one of my S4 minis.

I also still use it too, on my main phone.

i have installed e-1.17-r on a spear device (bloken glass / screen fonctionnal) but actually have only one working battery (in my main) and cannot take the time to test further. …