[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Fairphone3 FP3 with microG 0.2.13.203915 (COVID apps compatible)

Unofficial image based on official /e/ sources, v0.11-pie tag. Only change is an updated microG version so COVID tracing apps work.

I tested the Dutch “Coronamelder” and that works.

Install only if you have PIE installed. Download here pass: fp3

WARNING: Use at own risk as always… I tested the ROM though, should give no problems. Wipe data before install is the preferred way.

To install:

fastboot -w
 fastboot flash system system.img
 fastboot flash boot boot.img
 fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
 fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
 fastboot flash product product.img
 fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
5 Likes

Thank you! Ahh … PW: fp3

fp3 is the password …

Oh Really cool!
One maybe stupid question: Is it correct that I would loose all my data/Apps/Configurations if I would install this version?
One hopefully less stupid question: Is it possible to install this with having the /e/OS version 0.12 currently installed?

If you have locked the bootloader, you need to unlock it to be able to flash this, and then all data is erased, so yes apps/data/settings erased.

If you don’t have bootloader locked, then i’m not sure what happens :slight_smile: if you flash without wiping. The app/ data is encrypted by default, but i don’t fully understand this mechanism. I used the dev branch, you have 0.12 installed so that would be dev also. You could try and see what happens…

to do so, check your active partition (in fasboot mode, hold power + vol down)

fastboot getvar current-slot

Then set the other active (a or b) in this example b was active so i set a to flash the new image.

fastboot --set-active=a

then don’t wipe but only flash:

fastboot flash system system.img
 fastboot flash boot boot.img
 fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
 fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
 fastboot flash product product.img
 fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

But as i said, not sure what happens, wiping would be the best way.

2 Likes

Thanks for your detailed answer :slight_smile:
I will have to think about this as it is a pain to restore all the data/settings/etc. and the probability whether the flashing without wiping method works is really unclear in my opinion :smiley: It could randomly work with the encryption but it might also cause crazy errors …
so the safe way would be to backup everything, wipe and flash the new image. Unfortunately, I do not know of an easy-straightforward way to reliably backup everything.

Hey andrelam,

Thank you! Works fine with the german Corona-App.

I installed the build without fastboot -w and my data hasn’t been deleted.

1 Like

Good to hear!, you were on DEV branch?(you did not buy from /e/ and installed yourself)

1 Like

Yes, I bought my FP3 with Stock-ROM and installed /e/ myself.

1 Like

new version based on v12.3-pie tag:
download here

IMPORTANT:
This build includes Trebuchet launcher. This will enable horizontal app switching when using Bliss, but it will also mess up Bliss launcher when you dirty flash from the v11 to this one. I did not investigate this behaviour, i wiped data and the problem was gone. Maybe erasing cache and data helps, but i’m not sure. best is to erase data.

1 Like

Hey! Is it possible to update without wiping my data? I don’t want to set up my phone completely AGAIN!

Backup your apps with a tool such as OAndBackupX (https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.machiav3lli.backup/) or Titanium Backup, and restore them afterwards if they’ve been wiped.