[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018) WiFi [SM-T590] (gta2xlwifi) for /e/OS-T

Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018) WiFi [SM-T590] (gta2xlwifi) for /e/OS-T 1.20

e-1.20-t-20240307-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwifi.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-1.20-t-20240307-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwifi.zip/download

Please see sources and install instructions including recovery here:
https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-13-lineageos-20-0-64-bit-for-galaxy-tab-a-10-5-2018-wifi-sm-t590.4427597/

Use it at your own risk!
Please support the developer(s)!

@UDPSendToFailed XDA Senior Member

Notes for SM-T595 users

The ROM has been modified to work on the LTE variant too, with the same level of functionality as the WiFi-only variant. This means that the LTE modem will not be usable in this ROM, and the device will appear as SM-T590 everywhere.

I was unable to successfully install your /e/OS-T on my SM-T595 because I tried your e-Recovery. The e-Recovery booted after some stuttering, but the ROM installation was cancelled because the system recognised that my device is a “gta2xl” and not a “gta2xlwifi”.

An SM-T590 “gta2xlwifi” is on its way to me, so I can try out your /e/OS-T ROM on the “real” SM-T590 over the weekend.

did you also try as per instructions:
Flash TWRP in the AP slot using Odin

Yes, I have installed TWRP 3.7.0 and lineage-20.0-20230514-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwifi, but the system keeps crashing.

1 Like

I have completely rebuilt the SM-T595 system again, starting with stock Android 10, then the penultimate LineageOS 20.0 in version lineage-20.0-20230417-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwifi with TWRP 3.7.0_12-0.

@UDPSendToFailed

Changelog: 2023. 05. 14.
Edit: Not recommended to download. This build has issues with WiFi after reboot …

The LOS system booted and could be set up, but after the third reboot the boot process ends with the animated LOS logo. I was not able to revive the system.

I then installed your ROM e-1.20-t-20240307-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwif using TWRP 3.7.0_12-0. The boot process ended at the animated e-logo = bootloop

I then successfully installed the last /e/OS-Q GSI from 2023. All basic applications work: 4G LTE, WLAN, BT, e-Cameras.

The next and last step was the successful installation of @AndyYan GSI Lineage-20-td 2024.03.17. All elementary applications work - except for the cameras: 4G LTE, WIFI, BT

Other camera apps also do not recognise the sensors; various Phh Treble Settings workarounds also did not get the cameras to work. But cameras in tablets are only of minor importance to me. It’s much more important that 4G LTE works :slight_smile:

Installation e-1.20-t-20240307-UNOFFICIAL-gta2xlwifi.zip using TWRP 3.7.0_12-0 from the SM-T590 exactly according to the instructions of the developer @UDPSendToFailed without errors up to the animated e-logo. Then the dot bounces for around one and a half minutes and exits with a reboot into the Samsung logo. From there, boot into the e-logo - and everything starts all over again = bootloop, no setup possible. I have tried several times, unfortunately without success.

I suspect that the source code from May 2023 is not optimal for building a working /e/OS.

Does the respective LineageOS version work? I remember there were a lot of patches to apply for this device, but I think all of them could be applied successfully

I have not tried LOS 20.0 on the SM-T590. The problems I have encountered indicate an immature LOS ROM.

Known issues:

• WiFi hotspot crashes
  • Bluetooth audio
  • 2 of 4 speakers are working
  • GPS
  • Freezes / crashes with some SD cards, in case the ROM installation fails with black screen or the setup process keeps freezing, try removing the SD card
  • SELinux permissive

Now successful installation of @AndyYan GSI Lineage-20-td 2024.03.17. All elementary applications work like WIFI, BT, GPS - except the cameras, as with the SM-T595. Only 2 of 4 speakers are working

I had no installation success with @AndyYan GSI Lineage 19.0 and 21.0.