[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Google / LG Nexus 5X (bullhead) for /e/OS-S

For Samsung Galaxy 4 or LG Nexus 5x?

For Nexus 5 please !

Are you using this version:

e-1.17-q-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.17-q-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip/download

This is confirmed working. R and S version I donā€™t have positive feedback yet

Yes thatā€™s this one, I had to scroll through the post to find out this is the working version.
The other one I tried is stuck in a reboot loop.

You can try new R build, however I donā€™t think chances are high that it works:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-2.0-r-20240518-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip/download

No it doesnā€™t work. I am currently syncing the repository using docker, it should build an image for me, but I had to skip the proprietary blob extraction because I couldnā€™t find any file called extract_files.sh. Do you know where we can get it ?

I donā€™t understand the build instructions. We need to clone the docker image and i donā€™t even know where the data goes, then we need to extract the proprietary datas into a folder that doesnā€™t exist with a script that doest exists either. Maybe itā€™s needed to run the socker build first to get folders and script setup then rerun after having deal with proprietary blobs ?

Yes, first install the docker instance for /e/OS version you want. However I prefer the repo way:

For extracting vendor blobs, here are the instructions:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/extracting_blobs_from_zips

The file extract_files.sh is in the device folder of the smartphone eg: device/lge/bullhead
If you have a supported device all needed files (except vendor files which you need to get from eg gibhub/TheMuppets) are available after running breakfast DEVICECODE. For unsupported devices you need to either manually put all files in the respective folders or if there is a manifest.xml can run repo sync.

Excuse me ronn, but I donā€™t got the repo syncing done even after a night of download. It seems like itā€™s downloading all os version for all devices.
So do you think that an update of the working 1.17-q os would make the store work with a google account and if yes could you compile it ?

Unfortunately /e/OS-Q reached end of life, so no versions will be released

Ok, thatā€™s what I thought.
Have you tried both variants of the lattest eos ?
The one you shared seemed to also work, it starts the vm and shows the form to unlock the datas but restarts at this point.

By the way, did you try the official dev version for the bullhead ? I couldnā€™t boot it.

Tried S and R, but did get feedback that it does not work. I donā€™t own the device myself

Itā€™s strange that the kernel will boot the vm, to then reboot when asking for unlock.
I had a faulty nexus 5 that did exactly that before, but since I ordered one on ebay for 40 bucks, it works.
I will try to follow your article for using repo, maybe this will allow to download less datas than docker because iā€™m very limited in terms of connection.

Hi,

Iā€™m sorry if I ask dumb question.
I have an LG Nexus 5x and I was wondering what I could do with it.
I found this thread, but as Iā€™m completely new with Android custom ROM, Iā€™m a bit lost.

What I managed to do is install the TWRP as recovery.
Then Wipe all except the storage.
Then via TWRP I sideload with adb the e-1.17-q-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip.

So, now it boots, then start the first boot setup, but all apps are closing and then it reboot.

What I donā€™t understant is what it means to:

• flash Magisk-v23.0.zip
  • boot phone, load Magisk, let phone reboot (note how storage is inaccessible)
  • boot TWRP recovery and flash [Magisk]_FUSE_DISABLER.zip
  • boot phone and storage now is accessible

??
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

did you use this version? It has been confirmed working by @lucky-dragon

You donā€™t need Magisk

I first flash the wrong version (e-2.0-r-20240518-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead), so this explain why all the apps crashed.
Then I tried again with the version e-1.17-q-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-bullhead.zip, but I also sideloaded the Gapp (MindTheGapps-10.0.0-arm64-20230922_081111)
And now is booting OK, it is failing to finish the first setup.
I can connect to the Wifi, but then it fails to find any updates and if I donā€™t set the wifi, it just say ā€œJust a secā€ but it never endsā€¦

So, I will try again flashing the e-1.17-q and do just that to see if it behave differently then.

Update
This time it has work without an issue !
Thanks for your work and your help.

1 Like