e-1.17-t-20231123-UNOFFICIAL-h850.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=16385555061192796906

The device is officially supported by LineageOS
Please see sources and install instructions including recovery here:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/h850/

Use it at your own risk!
Please support the developer(s)!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve installed it and after a week of ‘standard’ use, I haven’t encountered any issues. Is there a possibility that you will update the version periodically?

1 Like

Yes, will update when I find time.
Thanks for your feedback, would be great if you provide some feedback on this ROM-…

1 Like

Thank you so much, it would be fantastic to have periodic support. I’d like to assist with the updates, but I’m not very experienced.

I’ve been experimenting with ROMs, kernels, and recovery since 2012 (I have memories of the first custom ROMs on XDA for my Samsung Galaxy S3). However, with work and other commitments, I lost some enthusiasm along the way.

A few weeks ago, I regained the desire to experiment with some ROMs (coming from LineageOS 20, I found /e/OS, and it was a pleasant discovery).

My LG G5 (despite having had 3 replaced batteries and serving me well for 7 years) still works perfectly, so it would be a dream to start updating it again.

Currently, I haven’t encountered any bugs. There are no abnormal battery drains, no reboots, and the camera reads both rear cameras. WiFi, LTE, and BT are working properly. Unfortunately, I can’t test the GPS as my internal antenna is damaged. Overall, for normal everyday use, I must say it works perfectly.

I’m available for any tests or other requests. If you need a hand, feel free to ask. Have a great day and happy holidays.

1 Like

The installation of the e-Recovery T-1.17 and the ROM was simple and completely unproblematic.

It is very good that future updates can be made without a PC, because e-Recovery T-1.17 supports updating without data loss via adb sideload from the internal memory, external microSD card and USB-C stick:

• Choose from internal storage
  • Choose from sdcard1 (microSD card)
  • Choose from usb (stick)

With TWRP Recovery, adb sideload can only be carried out using a PC.

Update for /e/OS-T 1.18:

e-1.18-t-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-h850.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.18-t-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-h850.zip/download

2 Likes

If you are interested in build you own, I posted how-to’s here in the forum. For officially supported LineageOS devices building is pretty straightforward

The installation per e-Recovery T-1.18 & ROM e-1.18-t-20231221-UNOFFICIAL-h850.zip via USB-C-Stick was simple and completely unproblematic.

It is very good that future updates can be made without a PC, because e-Recovery T-1.18 supports updating without data loss via adb sideload from the internal memory, external microSD card and USB-C stick:

• Choose from internal storage
  • Choose from sdcard1 (microSD card)
  • Choose from usb (stick)

:sunglasses: Credit: Thank you @ronnz98 for building this new /e/OS-T 1.18 ROM.

@ronnz98 Would it be possible to have the latest updated version compatible with H850? Whenever you have time, no rush. Thanks again. :smiley:

1 Like

For /e/OS-T ? For R h850 is still officially supported

1 Like

[LIST] Devices which will be getting upgraded to /e/OS T - Part II

LG G5 (h850) upgrade build e/OS-T v1.20 is planned from mid-February 2024

1 Like

Ah great! Less work for me :slight_smile:

Yes, I was referring to the T version since your release shared here in December (v1.18) was the only one that didn’t send the device into a boot loop compared to the official one. So, I was thinking of updating to 1.19. I now see that the device is expected in the official update to 1.20, so I can wait ;D

Hi! Very happy for finding our this ROM for my old and still rocking G5. Thank u for your work!!
1st post & asking …sorry! But the link to get the recovery is broken and i neeed the recovery, do’nt it?
Thank u again and hope have fun here!

Ok! Find out in this link, but there’s not recovery fot Android 7??

https://images.ecloud.global/dev/h850/

A recovery for Android 7.0 can be found at TeamWin - TWRP. But why use it?

Simply install the /e/OS-T ROM e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-h850.zip with the /e/OS-T Revovery recovery-e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-h850.img