[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Nothing Phone 2 (Pong) for /e/OS-T

Unihertz LUNA with MediaTek’s Helio G99 SoC and UFS 2.2 memory is sufficiently fast. The IPS display is very large at 6.81 inches. When you hold the Unihertz Luna in your hand for the first time, you immediately notice that the smartphone is no lightweight. Quite the opposite: at 298 grams, it is also very heavy and bulky at 168 x 76.8 x 10.4 millimetres.

Yes, unfortunately there is no custom ROM for the LUNA yet, but when /e/OS-T GSI is released, it will get one more Google-free chance, but probably without an active rear LED light. But - if you now activate the rear LED light with music-accompanied lighting, the Unihertz Luna doesn’t look like a calm, relaxed moonlight (as the name would suggest), but more like a party iPhone on ecstasy. According to the manufacturer, the LED design is supposedly inspired by ancient oriental philosophy of the round sky - so the name “Luna” makes a little more sense. The loss of the light show will not be painful.

Love the discussion and rabbit trail as I do @Xxpsilon , I’ve got my first bug report for @ronnz98 : vibration doesn’t work. At all. I’ve tried all the settings, but vibration absolutely does not work in any context or capacity.

LMK how I can help solve this when you’ve got time,

Update for /e/OS-T 1.19:

e-1.19.1-t-20240110-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.19.1-t-20240110-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip/download

Flash went great; haven’t found any new issues in the build so far!

Vibration (and glyphs) still aren’t working though. Not sure if it helps, but I realized that vibration doesn’t work in OrangeFox, either…is it possible that the two are related?

Thanks again, and please DM me with a paypal/venmo/patreon account when you have a minute.

@voyager529 reports: ... (and glyphs) still aren’t working though.

crDroid Dev @DylanAkp reports:
08-02-2024 Added Glyphify (An alternative app to ParanoidGlyph ...

Yes but the crDroid version is Android 14 only… will be some time until /e/OS support Android 14 ( /e/OS-U ?)

OrangeFox Recovery Stable Releases 2024-02-13
OrangeFox-pong-stable@R11.1_1.zip

Update for /e/OS-T 1.20:

e-1.20-t-20240222-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.20-t-20240222-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip/download

Unfortunately the source for A13 seem not to be actively developed any more. The good news is the A14 (LOS21) is actively developed. I made a LOS21 which one can find on XDA. Will do a port when /e/OS-U is available

Huzzah!

I know this is an Unofficial build rather than a Custom build, but is there any chance that Dylan’s telephony fix is integrated into this release?

Yeah, if I get support how I can integrate it (sources and instructions) I can do another build.

1 Like

Updates for /e/OS-T 1.21:

e-1.21-t-20240403-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/OtherSmartphones/e-1.21-t-20240403-UNOFFICIAL-Pong.zip/download

hey @ronnz98 !

Question on this…Actually, a couple.

First off, as I’ve always said, you’re doing the Lord’s work by porting /e/OS to so many devices unofficially…is there some way I can help? Can I spin up a VM somewhere to help compile or something to that effect?Please let me know if I can be of assistance to your efforts (DM is fine).

More specific to the NP2, it seems Dylan managed to do two interesting things in his crDroid port for this phone: He got the SMS bug fixed by switching to qcom telephony, and he integrated ParanoidGlyph to make the glyphs work. Both of these are pretty unique to this phone, so I wouldn’t expect them to be added to the main /e/OS image, but is it at all possible to integrate these changes? The glyph one is a nice-to-have, I concede, but the dropped SMS messages make /e/OS basically unusable on this device, which is why I moved back to my OnePlus 8T, and let my NP2 go back to stock ROM and function as my work phone.

I’m certain you’ve got your hands full with porting the 2.0 release to all the different devices, hence me leading with my intent to assist if I can…but if the integration of these changes is easy enough for the 2.0 release of /e/OS as a custom build for the NP2, it’d be awesome.

Thanks!!