[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for Mi Redmi Note 7 (lavender)

which date does the security patch does have ?

Android security patch : 5 mars 2020
Correctif fournisseur: 5 octobre 2019

kernel 4.4.220 Predator-Stormbreaker-NewCam 6.6

:wink:

Ok, thatā€™s ok than. No need for new build

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I have a big bug with the mail application that doesnā€™t openā€¦ itā€™s like a bootloopā€¦ Somebody got that bug with the mail app too? Thanks

Kernel version : Predator-Stormbreaker-NewCam 6.8, 6.9 tested

Have you setup a none e.email account on first setup in account manager? If yes, thatā€™s the issue and a well known bug.

The only way to get your email.app working is a complete fresh install of gsi and skipping the account setup at first run

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the answer but after flashing the rom again and configuring the account after the first startup I still have the same bug with the mail applicationā€¦

Hi @new-user5971 are you able to access your /e/ mail account from here

Yes of course but the advantage of the mail app is to be able to access the mail from the smartphone :wink:

Hej @harvey186, Iā€™d like to hear your assessment.

Have you ever tried this fully open-source custom Recovery OrangeFox?

ā†’ Latest version: OrangeFox-R10.1_02-Stable-lavender.zip
ā†’ XDA-developers - OFFICIAL RECOVERY OrangeFox Recovery Project R10.1
ā†’ Screenshots/R10/

The custom recovery is a fine alternative to TWRP Recovery.

1 Like

yes, have tried and removed. I like more. For me, TWRP has a cleaner layout. But itā€™s very personal view. Iā€™m working with TWRP from beginning on. So I can use it with closed eyes

Yes, I also appreciate the clear structure of TRWP. The new designed Lineage Recovery is just a reminiscence of DOS of the 80s.

yeah, I know, but in TWRP I can do the same with filemanager

1 Like

No oneā€™s had the same problem Iā€™ve had ? (Harveyā€™s solution tested)

What does it mean ?? Do you have setup under ā€˜settingsā€™ / ā€˜accountsā€™ / '/e/ your NOT e.email account ? That wonā€™t work.
If you donā€™t have an e.email account you have to use WebDav and NC client.

1 Like

I have an e.email account I go to ā€œsettingsā€, account, ā€œ/e/ā€ and /e/ connects well to my e.email account, I have a successful login message and I go to mail. And there again the application that opens very quickly and closes very quickly undefined WITH AN e.email ACCOUNT registered after the first start and connected on the device. I can send you a video if you wantā€¦

OK, if it is not to much work for you, could you pls

1. go to twrp and FORMAT data
  2. reboot to recovery
  3. wipe system / data / davlik / cache
  4. push eOS.zip back to your device
  5. flash eOS
  6. reboot
  7. skip first e account setup
  8. after boot is finished add you e.email account in email app
  9. add your e.email account in account / ā€˜/e/ā€™

if itā€™s to much, pls open a issue on github

2 Likes

What do you mean? ? ā€¦

Hello, after having made multiple senario, itā€™s my e.email account that bugs I think because without the account (and with another account) the application opens normally.

will this build insert in the official installer?

Donā€™t know. As much people will ā€˜voteā€™ for it in the device request as greater is the cance.