[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for Sony Xperia Z3 (leo/z3)

As some of you may be aware we are testing out the upgrade of our source code to Pie.
As part of that effort we have a Pi/e/ ROM for the Sony Xperia Z3 - “leo/z3” (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/z3 , D6603 only)
Before you proceed with the flashing and testing Please read the warning given below very carefully

• Please note this is a test build.
  • Please take a backup of your data before your proceed.
  • Coming from previous Android Versions i suggest you do a clean flash ( wipe system, data and cache)

If you are Ok with these warnings then you can download the Pi/e/ image for the Sony Xperia Z3 - “leo/z3” is available for download here

5 Likes

Just dug the old Z3 out of a box (its a D6653 tho) but still tried the lineage 16.0+microg rom on it. Works great. So I will give this /e/ build a shot. Was considering using this device as a tester for my own builds but if your maintaining it or it becomes officially supported with pie then no point. Will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Please also let me know how the camera experience is, it used to have a great one with sony proprietary software… Hope it will become official as well, then maybe i ll repair mine :grinning:

Tested it, all seemed to work great however being there was no camera pre-installed, I had to install one from f-droid and tried a gcam port however what ever camera app I tired would not work and just crashed unfortunately. The camera would work ok on lineage/carbon etc (albeit not that great quality)

Thats no good, will try to look into it and get that opencamera into the build :slight_smile: thanks for your reply

i uploaded a new build, to the same link as in original post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tested new build for a few days, all worked very nicely. Great job! :grin:

1 Like

@Manoj can you let me edit this one as well :slight_smile:
also this one should be unofficial build… all apops are included in latest update i gave :slight_smile:

Pl can you check now

1 Like

Here’s a new build from the latest v0.9-pie tag https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=314369
As always, this is untested: use at your own risk.

Thanks @petefoth, with the official LineageOS kernel, tree ?

I have no idea. I used the latest docker run command from the official HowTo so it will have used whatever that pulled from (I guess) the Lineage repos. I have the log file so I could find out if you tell me what to look for.

1 Like

If you used the docker image as discribed in the howto that’s fine, you used official LineageOS sources, thank you :slight_smile: (it’s to put the correct tag next to your build in the list of unofficial builds).