[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the LeEco S2

New OTA:

The ROM is now based on the official LineageOS-16.0(Pie) for Leeco S2, thx @reyser for the tip.

I changed 2 things in the LineageOS source:

• fixed Auto brightness
  • fixed phone encryption

For phone encryption to work, you probably have to:
Wipe > Format Data
Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Dalvik, Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage
Then sideload the ROM.

/e/ Updates 28 December 2019

@andrelam if all features in the LeEco Se2 are working perfectly …if I remember that was an issue with the camera on the official builds… you should update @rhunault and we should add these fixes to the official builds.
As you may be aware we are planning an OS update for a number of devices in the next couple of weeks and if we have properly tested unofficial builds that would make the move to an official upgrade smoother and faster.

t first glance, everything works well. There is a small problem (it is on all firmware based on PIE for our phone), clicks in the speaker when you tap the screen, and flipping through the youtube app and the like.

I want to thank You for your work. I congratulate you on the upcoming New year (for us in Russia this is the kindest holiday), and I wish You the best. I hope that the translator correctly conveyed my words.

Thank you, you’re welcome! Happy new year for you too.

Update from 18.01.2020, everything works perfectly!

Unfortunately that will be the last Leeco s2 ROM from my side because i stopped working on the ROM. I have some issues with /e/ decisions and i want to focus on my other hobby, embedded software.

1 Like

It’s a pity, but without the support of a particular device by a specific person, any interest in this project is lost. I wish you good luck!!!

1 Like

Hi I am still using this build and I am curious if there is any chance of getting update? Or even better, can I somehow do this for myself? I mean using OTA update?

Hi, you could try to build it yourself, it’s not as hard as we might think :slight_smile:

To build this rom:
download patches here
download user scripts here
download manifest here
download and run this
Ready :slight_smile:

Hi I have ran into problem and maybe you can help me. Here is output:
When you flash the ROM be aware that lock screen and fingerprint can be removed easily, to prevent this encrypt your phone. Check community.e.foundation if your model supports encryption. I understand this message and want to coninue:(y/n)y
All packages are up to date.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Package libwxgtk3.0-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libwxgtk3.0-dev' has no installation candidate
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package openjdk-7-jdk is not available, but is referred to by another package.

E: Package 'openjdk-7-jdk' has no installation candidate
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'lib32ncurses-dev' instead of 'lib32ncurses5-dev'
Note, selecting 'python-is-python2' instead of 'python'
Package libwxgtk3.0-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.

E: Package 'libwxgtk3.0-dev' has no installation candidate
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 38761  100 38761    0     0   103k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  103k
Cloning into '/srv/tmp/buildscripts'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 19, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (19/19), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
remote: Total 752 (delta 12), reused 1 (delta 1), pack-reused 733
Receiving objects: 100% (752/752), 713.29 KiB | 3.35 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (463/463), done.
cloning
Cloning into 'OpenDelta'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 219, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (219/219), done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (160/160), done.
remote: Total 219 (delta 28), reused 162 (delta 14), pack-reused 0
Receiving objects: 100% (219/219), 631.47 KiB | 3.22 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (28/28), done.
./builde.sh: line 175: gcc: command not found
/root/init.sh: line 28: ccache: command not found
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Running begin.sh
/root/userscripts/begin.sh: 2: cd: can't cd to /srv/src/PIE/.repo/manifests
error: snippets/lineage.xml: No such file or directory
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Branch:  v1-pie
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Device: s2
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] (Re)initializing branch repository
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  2179  100  2179    0     0   8191      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  8191
/root/build.sh: line 66: repo: command not found
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Copying '/srv/local_manifests/*.xml' to '.repo/local_manifests/'
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Syncing branch repository
/root/build.sh: line 93: repo: command not found
sed: can't read build/core/version_defaults.mk: No such file or directory
>> [Mon May 18 13:02:37 CEST 2020] Can't detect the android version

I can see missing packages, but I am unable to find those on universe repro. Can you give me some hint.

For openjdk-7-jdk, I think it can be replaced by openjdk-8-jdk.

I thought so too, but it does not work or should I say I did it and it made no difference

There is something wrong with repo. Can you check this dir: ~/bin
What distro do you use? i also see gcc missing.

To be honest I am light linux user. I am using:
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=20.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=focal
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Ubuntu 20.04 LTS”

in ~bin/ I see no repo and I dont know what is gcc

also note, that I am using WSL

Can you use 18.04? I tested script on 18.04.

Yey I can and I did. It worked. It was doing someting for several hours then it ended with this:

[ 29% 26544/89418] //external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar:libLLVMScalarOpts clang++ DeadStoreElimination.cpp
FAILED: /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/DeadStoreElimination.o
PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++ -c -Iexternal/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar  -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=$PWD/= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -march=armv8-a -mcpu=cortex-a53 -Iexternal/llvm/include -Iexternal/llvm/device/include -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-attributes/gen -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-intrinsics/gen -Iexternal/libcxx/include -Iexternal/libcxxabi/include -Isystem/core/include -Isystem/media/audio/include -Ihardware/libhardware/include -Ihardware/libhardware_legacy/include -Ihardware/ril/include -Ilibnativehelper/include -Iframeworks/native/include -Iframeworks/native/opengl/include -Iframeworks/av/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm64 -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scsi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -Ilibnativehelper/include_jni -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wwrite-strings -Werror -Dsprintf=sprintf -W -Wall -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-error=unused-lambda-capture -Wno-error=user-defined-warnings -target aarch64-linux-android -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/aarch64-linux-android/bin -fPIC -D_USING_LIBCXX -std=gnu++14 -Wsign-promo -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-null-dereference -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-thread-safety-negative -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-sign-promo -std=c++11 -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-rtti  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -MD -MF /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/DeadStoreElimination.o.d -o /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/DeadStoreElimination.o external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/DeadStoreElimination.cpp
fatal error: error in backend: IO failure on output stream.
[ 29% 26547/89418] //external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar:libLLVMScalarOpts clang++ IndVarSimplify.cpp
FAILED: /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/IndVarSimplify.o
PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++ -c -Iexternal/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar  -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=$PWD/= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -march=armv8-a -mcpu=cortex-a53 -Iexternal/llvm/include -Iexternal/llvm/device/include -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-attributes/gen -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-intrinsics/gen -Iexternal/libcxx/include -Iexternal/libcxxabi/include -Isystem/core/include -Isystem/media/audio/include -Ihardware/libhardware/include -Ihardware/libhardware_legacy/include -Ihardware/ril/include -Ilibnativehelper/include -Iframeworks/native/include -Iframeworks/native/opengl/include -Iframeworks/av/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm64 -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scsi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -Ilibnativehelper/include_jni -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wwrite-strings -Werror -Dsprintf=sprintf -W -Wall -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-error=unused-lambda-capture -Wno-error=user-defined-warnings -target aarch64-linux-android -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/aarch64-linux-android/bin -fPIC -D_USING_LIBCXX -std=gnu++14 -Wsign-promo -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-null-dereference -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-thread-safety-negative -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-sign-promo -std=c++11 -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-rtti  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -MD -MF /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/IndVarSimplify.o.d -o /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/IndVarSimplify.o external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/IndVarSimplify.cpp
[ 29% 26548/89418] //external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar:libLLVMScalarOpts clang++ LICM.cpp
FAILED: /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/LICM.o
PWD=/proc/self/cwd /usr/bin/ccache prebuilts/clang/host/linux-x86/clang-4691093/bin/clang++ -c -Iexternal/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar  -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -DANDROID -fmessage-length=0 -W -Wall -Wno-unused -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -no-canonical-prefixes -DNDEBUG -UDEBUG -fno-exceptions -Wno-multichar -O2 -g -fno-strict-aliasing -fdebug-prefix-map=/proc/self/cwd= -D__compiler_offsetof=__builtin_offsetof -Werror=int-conversion -Wno-reserved-id-macro -Wno-format-pedantic -Wno-unused-command-line-argument -fcolor-diagnostics -Wno-expansion-to-defined -Wno-zero-as-null-pointer-constant -fdebug-prefix-map=$PWD/= -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-short-enums -funwind-tables -fstack-protector-strong -Wa,--noexecstack -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Werror=return-type -Werror=non-virtual-dtor -Werror=address -Werror=sequence-point -Werror=date-time -Werror=format-security -nostdlibinc -march=armv8-a -mcpu=cortex-a53 -Iexternal/llvm/include -Iexternal/llvm/device/include -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-attributes/gen -I/srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/llvm-gen-intrinsics/gen -Iexternal/libcxx/include -Iexternal/libcxxabi/include -Isystem/core/include -Isystem/media/audio/include -Ihardware/libhardware/include -Ihardware/libhardware_legacy/include -Ihardware/ril/include -Ilibnativehelper/include -Iframeworks/native/include -Iframeworks/native/opengl/include -Iframeworks/av/include -isystem bionic/libc/include -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/uapi/asm-arm64 -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/scsi -isystem bionic/libc/kernel/android/uapi -Ilibnativehelper/include_jni -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -W -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wwrite-strings -Werror -Dsprintf=sprintf -W -Wall -Wno-unused-lambda-capture -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-error=unused-lambda-capture -Wno-error=user-defined-warnings -target aarch64-linux-android -Bprebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/aarch64-linux-android/bin -fPIC -D_USING_LIBCXX -std=gnu++14 -Wsign-promo -Wno-inconsistent-missing-override -Wno-null-dereference -D_LIBCPP_ENABLE_THREAD_SAFETY_ANNOTATIONS -Wno-thread-safety-negative -Wno-gnu-include-next -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-sign-promo -std=c++11 -Woverloaded-virtual -fno-rtti  -Werror=int-to-pointer-cast -Werror=pointer-to-int-cast -Werror=address-of-temporary -Werror=return-type -Wno-tautological-constant-compare -Wno-null-pointer-arithmetic -Wno-enum-compare -Wno-enum-compare-switch -MD -MF /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/LICM.o.d -o /srv/src/PIE/out/soong/.intermediates/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/libLLVMScalarOpts/android_arm64_armv8-a_cortex-a53_core_static/obj/external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/LICM.o external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/LICM.cpp
[ 29% 26553/89418] //external/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar:libLLVMScalarOpts clang++ GVN.cpp
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
21:08:39 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (01:26:57 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

>> [Mon May 18 21:08:40 CEST 2020] Failed build for s2
>> [Mon May 18 21:08:40 CEST 2020] Finishing build for s2
>> [Mon May 18 21:08:40 CEST 2020] Cleaning source dir for device s2
21:10:28 Entire build directory removed.

#### build completed successfully (01:48 (mm:ss)) ####

Switch back to Python3
>> [Mon May 18 21:10:28 CEST 2020] Running end.sh
HEAD is now at 6a2332f s2: fix socket potentially not closed in consumerir
HEAD is now at f18e9ca Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/lineage-16.0' into v1-pie

I guess, that something went wrong, any idea?

IO failure on output stream. It seems to have trouble with writing files, have enough disk space? Type df