[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - *"mido"*

If this is the case, it would be a pity for /e/, because another custom ROM based on Android 10 had well over 800 downloads in 02/2020 and now in 03/2020 already well over 500. Android 1Q acts like a magnet for power users. Freedom and privacy probably only play a minor role.

Sorry for the delay in my reply, i took down the faulty build, am not sure what caused the bootloop, thanks for reporting @tomiknez. Also there is a new build i did this weekend. I have some free time this week, i will hopefully fix my mido and can test my builds again… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Allright good news, this build is working, but it contains the reduced apps list i mentioned some post before already. i will start another one with full applist. sorry for the inconvenience… @manoj i also tested the direct and dirty upgrade from dev-nougat to this unofficial pi/e/ build, everything is working as it should :slight_smile: even with encryption turned on…

1 Like

Thanks for checking that out @Chimpthepimp

1 Like

And here you can find the build with apps-store and open camera and all that stuft :slight_smile:

1 Like

The testing for official upgrade to pie for mido will start soon, have a look if you are willing to test andmay help out here

1 Like

I think the file has been removed from the server. Please check on it.

Did you try the most recent one? From 17.3.? It is two comments above yours :slight_smile:

There it is. Could you please post that link to the main post ?

1 Like

Hallo @Chimpthepimp, have you ever tried this custom Recovery OrangeFox? OrangeFox Recovery is acustom recovery with amazing additional features.

→ Latest version: OrangeFox-R10.1-Stable-mido.zip

OrangeFox Recovery

Features

Synced with last Teamwin changes
Designed with last Material design 2 guidelines
Implemented support for Flyme and MIUI OTA
Included customization
Inbuilded patches, like Magisk and password reset patch
Password protection
Fully open-source
Frequently updated

→ XDA - OFFICIAL RECOVERY OrangeFox Recovery Project R10.1
Screenshots/R10/

Yes i tried multiple custom recoveries, orangefox, redwolf skyhawk aka sharp… Sharp was the nicest imo, but i had some problem with de/encryption so i headed back to twrp, in the end i think it was not because of custom recovery :smiley:

Can t edit the main post anymore … :confused:

1 Like

@Chimpthepimp Pl try now

1 Like

Thanks found how to edit:)

Hi, I have used you post for the new build from now, Hope it is OK for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there!

Thank you for the newest build. For starters the “android” animation is awesome! Other than microg errors the build seemed to run fine on my phone, but, again, because of the microg errors i was unable to run some of my apps so i had to restore to previous build, and going to the microg settings page, there were some unchecked boxes, noting there are some errors with compatibility/microg suite (one of mentioned apps, signal for instance, was warning me it wasn’t able to contact play store and so it won’t be able to function properly - what it did: messages wouldn’t come through).

P.S.
When i was restoring my previous image there was part of the image name which says “9.6.1.0” (or 9.6.2.0, haven’t remembered correctly :expressionless: ), and it correlates with the same Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 firmware which is from year 2018: “V9.6.1.0.NCFMIFD (V9.6.2.0.NCFMIFD)”. But, according to the info from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/mido there is newer firmware for Redmi Note 4 global: “V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM”. Is there some reason it can’t be used in new builds or was it just it is to new to be notices?

Thank you again for your efforts and great builds!
Thomas

I still know the version e-0.7-p-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-mido_by_Chimpthepimp with original /e/ bootanimation.

The now four months later released version e-0.9-p-20200603-UNOFFICIAL-mido-by-Chimpthepimp with security patches 5 May 2020 comes without the original /e/ boot animation, but shows a slightly animated “Android”. The surprise follows with a user-own background logo:

Elsewhere, such a build was declared as a CUSTOM BUILD rather than a UNOFFICIAL.

Is it now an UNOFFICIAL /e/ BUILD or a CUSTOM /e/ BUILD Unofficial Pie Build?

Because of the different backgroud and Android boot logo ( :thinking:) it’s custom. I wasn’t able to create a new post in custom builds. As soon as I can create new topics on the custom build section, I will move it

Well, you’ve changed the bootanimation and background, pointed out this change and put it into the »Custom Build« category. This is absolutely correct in my understanding.

As I have written, as soon as I’m able to do. But Manoj and myself are don’t know why I can’t create a new topic under Custom builds.