[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Pi/e/ test ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - *"mido"*

Hi there!

Thank you for the newest build. For starters the “android” animation is awesome! Other than microg errors the build seemed to run fine on my phone, but, again, because of the microg errors i was unable to run some of my apps so i had to restore to previous build, and going to the microg settings page, there were some unchecked boxes, noting there are some errors with compatibility/microg suite (one of mentioned apps, signal for instance, was warning me it wasn’t able to contact play store and so it won’t be able to function properly - what it did: messages wouldn’t come through).

P.S.
When i was restoring my previous image there was part of the image name which says “9.6.1.0” (or 9.6.2.0, haven’t remembered correctly :expressionless: ), and it correlates with the same Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 firmware which is from year 2018: “V9.6.1.0.NCFMIFD (V9.6.2.0.NCFMIFD)”. But, according to the info from https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/firmware/mido there is newer firmware for Redmi Note 4 global: “V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM”. Is there some reason it can’t be used in new builds or was it just it is to new to be notices?

Thank you again for your efforts and great builds!
Thomas

I still know the version e-0.7-p-20200211-UNOFFICIAL-mido_by_Chimpthepimp with original /e/ bootanimation.

The now four months later released version e-0.9-p-20200603-UNOFFICIAL-mido-by-Chimpthepimp with security patches 5 May 2020 comes without the original /e/ boot animation, but shows a slightly animated “Android”. The surprise follows with a user-own background logo:

Elsewhere, such a build was declared as a CUSTOM BUILD rather than a UNOFFICIAL.

Is it now an UNOFFICIAL /e/ BUILD or a CUSTOM /e/ BUILD Unofficial Pie Build?

Because of the different backgroud and Android boot logo ( :thinking:) it’s custom. I wasn’t able to create a new post in custom builds. As soon as I can create new topics on the custom build section, I will move it

Well, you’ve changed the bootanimation and background, pointed out this change and put it into the »Custom Build« category. This is absolutely correct in my understanding.

As I have written, as soon as I’m able to do. But Manoj and myself are don’t know why I can’t create a new topic under Custom builds.

These official descriptions provide a framework for the term Custom ROM:

i m running a normal unofficial build :slight_smile:

An "M "onthly update - after the monthly Android Security Updates are available - would greatly enhance your work on your unofficial /e/ builds. Havoc-OS does this and has hundreds of users.

i will try my very best but can t promise anything …

:+1: I appreciate your good will. Monthly updates would increase confidence in your build.The "W"eekly updates as practiced by LineageOS aren’t necessary in my opinion. It doesn’t matter a day or two when the updated build is released. What counts is continuity(!)

i updated the link in the topic there you can find now unofficial pie ROM from today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

salutehutziehen @Chimpthepimp :clap: :clap:

3 Likes

In this buils it seems like vendor security patch level is of older date than it was in 0.7p…

Zeno

9m

I ve just install Unofficial 0.9 Pie /e/. Before this i used LOS with Microg (version 16). I m very positive about /e/ but i think at least some features should be there. It is good to go but i face some problems like:

1 I use finance apk BHIM (installed via Aurora). i cant verify phone number. (phone number verification fails). It is must as I need it everytime.

1. I cant register my fingerprint. it is must for security reason.
  2. At least there should be icon GRID option so that i can dump more apks icons on one page and i dont have to swipe pages.
  3. Icon without name Option should be there.
  4. Ability to uninstall unnecessory apks.

I think first two problems are grave. if it get done, I dont have any reason to go back to LOS.

Thanks

I checked with some of the team members and they were mentioning to try this through Magisk hide. Guess that will need you to root your phone. Do not use BHIM nor have I Magisk so that is the limit of my info on this.

Thanks for help,

Logic is that it was working very well on Lineage os 16.1 so I think it should be working on /e/ too.

I have a group concerning privacy and security. I influence their choices in Digital domain. So if these all the very imp needs are satisfied then entire group can use the os (/e/).

So it would be very helpful to expand the OS in indian market.
And i have also post the isssue in GitLab.

Thanks for help again.

That logic will not work here. /e/ is not a copy paste of LOS source code. There are a lot of changes which have been made to de-google the OS. If it were a copy paste we could have implemented Q the day LOS 17.1 came out.
So what works on LOS will not exactly work on /e/ . Most payment apps require the google infra to work. This causes problems on /e/. Users can always try PWA where they are available or use their PC for their bank related activities.

Yes you are right. Sorry
But if /e/ get the ability, more people may use it.

Thanks.

I m also trying Paytm and will let you know.

Why dont i become a tester ? is it possible ?

Thanks

If this ability will be implemented in eOS, it’s LineageOS. The implementation will break the scope of eOS. Sorry, I know that’s bad. But sometimes you have to decide what you want: Privacy or all app working