[UnOfficial Build] Q & R | Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 series | MIATOLL (curtana, joyeuse, excalibur, gram)

Corentin Hallo

Can I ask you when/how is the best solution to root Xiaomi redmi note 9s. After Iinstall /e/ ROM, befor, or in the same time as I install this ROM.

What is the best strategy to roote this device in your oppinion

Thank you very much for your advice in advance

Best Regards

Jakov

I always flash root (magisk) after /e/ ROM installation.

Here is the official Lineage OS 18.1 for Miatoll, I think it will help you somehow to build /e/

Already done. v0.19-r
And for information, our devices are officially supported by lineageOS so I working to make it to for /e/.

3 Likes

wooohoooo! that’s great.

One more As I can see on Lineage OS post, it has different encryption, so we need to use lineage recovery only or can continue with OrangeFox recovery?

@CorentinR I just checked , I think you forgot to upload ROM file

Sorry, I upload ROM and /e/recovery.
You can try with orangeFox and give feedback.

Hi, I am testing the new (R) Android 11 update. It works correctly.
I wanted to ask if now it will be possible to update the device from itself without having to download the room manually.
Thank you very much for your work. Sorry for my bad English, I use translator.

My experience on v0.19-r:
Battery: despite using heavily it give almost 9 hours on 50% battery charge, which incredible
Stability: Supper stable to use as daily driver.
Connectivity: Bluetooth, Hotspot, WiFi all working fine.
Banking App: As CTS doesn’t pass by default by MicroG, so can’t use most of the Banking Apps, but PhonePe(India) works fine.

Issues:
1./e/ Drive doesn’t work sometimes
2. Apps store doesn’t work, not able to download anything

Overall I’m going to use it as daily driver :blush:

Sorry but for now it’s not possible (I don’t have implement OTA update/don’y have server and time to do it).
But you could flash new (same version) over the old one.

OTA update should be available for OFFICIAL version. :crossed_fingers:

for banking app there is a solution:

• install root (magisk)
  • install bank app (don’t open it yet)
  • use magisk hide for your app (you should enable hide in magisk option)

For CTS/SafetyNet error, I think it’s an ROM signature issue. It’s could/should be past with OFFICIAL version.

For other issues, did you wipe all and install last firmware before installing ?
I use it daily for my Note 9S and don’t have Apps store download error
:man_shrugging:
I don’t have /e/Drive. I use my personal Cloud (Nextcloud) but /e/Drive is a Nextcloud instance (I think).
Do it help ?

Well, although /e/ drive aren’t installed but still I got "/e/ drive not working " error.
Regarding Apps store, seems it’s/e/ source side error.
Based on the /e/ roadmap, we can expect CTS pass with MicroG in near future

I had the same problem as you, it did not download anything from the store. What I did was to install the recovery. Give the option to restore factory defaults. Configure everything without entering the “e” credentials at first.
Then I installed the apps from the store and only after that I added the e account and it worked correctly.

If you have suggestions for improve documentation you can post here.

Hi @CorentinR thanks for the official build, I have installed already, will write back on bug section if I find any. Once again I highly appreciate it.

Hi @CorentinR are we getting 0.19-r update for our miatoll devices?

Need some clarification. Redmi note 9 pro (model M2003J6A1I , Android 11RKQ1.200826.002) is a official build as per /e/ documentation.confused to see this in unofficial build category.just confirming,its official build,right? @CorentinR

Also,which of the two zip files,two img files should I download?

Thanking u in advance!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 series quite recently became a Supported device so this is why you now find Official images.

Bear in mind the naming convention of /e/ images.

EasyInstaller_naming

So the top one is (as usual) the most recent and better choice.

1 Like

A bit of a bump (3 months is not that bad!) but did anyone dirty flash the newest (official) version on top of this ROM?

Nope,
I have done a full wipe and install /e/recovery…
You have some issues ?