[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) (gts210vewifi)

Thank youu very mich, @argon3030. You’re superb :clap:

Thanks for the update to e-0.16-p-20210318-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi, @argon3030.

Installed right now. I’m writing from a SM-T813 tablet
Shall I report here what I’m finding not working ?

Just installed it, stuck on /e/ logo then keep rebooting to recovery, don’t know why… any suggestions please? I did not format just tried to flash it on top of the official build.

New June 2021 build available for download. /e/ 0.18.

Note: After upgrading to this build, the web browser wasn’t working for me. I had to go into the browser settings and select a Secure DNS server from the drop-down list, and then everything worked.

@nottolino I’m simply building the sources as they are. If you believe you’ve found some bugs, I’d recommend reporting them to the dev team via Gitlab.

@zjabri I don’t believe flashing an unofficial build over top of an official build will work. Try formatting first, and then installing.

August 2021 build is now available for download.

2 Likes

Hi @argon3030 and thanks again for your work.

I was expecting an OTA update, but this seems not the case. Am I assuming too much or missing something obvious here ?

That’s a good question @nottolino I’m not sure what’s required to implement OTA. I haven’t looked into that feature yet.

The update process is fairly straightforward: Browse to the download link and download the latest build. Then reboot into Recovery mode, select “Install” and browse to your Downloads folder and select the file you downloaded.

2 Likes

And this is a good answer, @argon3030 !!

I’ll try as soon as I’ll find some spare time.

Edit: not a big deal, really, once you are aware of this way of updating. GREAT !!

@argon3030 Thanks so much for your work on this!

I picked up an ex-display model of this tablet this week, and I’m really pleased with how this build runs on it, and with the ease of installation. (I’ve put Lineage and MicroG on a couple of phones recently, and this was significantly easier than that.)

In case it helps anyone, the trickiest step for me was restarting after the TWRP install in a way that didn’t cause TWRP to be overwritten with the standard recovery. I found that I needed to hold VolDown and Power until the screen goes black, then release them instantly… so far this is all as the instructions say - but then I had to immediately hold Home, VolUp and Power to reboot into recovery.

Maybe I want to try eOS on this tablet but is it official or not? here I see unoffcial whereas @piero writes ‘official build’ here.

The explanation is that @piero’s link is up to date :slight_smile:
The link you quote leads to /e/ image ROM download and Info about Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) - gts210vewifi.

Yes, apologies for the slow reply, as this device is now receiving a steady stream of official builds, it is no longer necessary for me to create any more of my own builds. I am now happily running the official build and receiving OTA updates and recommend everyone do the same. This tablet works wonderfully with /e/ in 2022!

1 Like

Hello , Just received several Tab S2 T813 and be happy to help

I see we are stuck on 0.23 , any blocking reason ? I will try to rebuild in August

For now , I’m running with success a LOS 18 build up to date from here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/unofficial-rom-beta-lineageos-18-1-for-sm-t813-july-11-2023.4540413/

But no spoofing support

great-please let me know if you succeed…

Update to /e/OS-R 1.16:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=10620683726822088337

1 Like

Well mostly bad news about this T-813

either R or Q builds ( 1.17 / 1.12 as I recall ) are really stable but for some reason crash ( reboot the tablet ) when using some apps like iZettle which makes them unusable for the cashier I planned them for.

Maybe P builds don’t have this problem.

Android P is not supported anymore by /e/OS, but might be ok for your use case. Q reached end of life so R is the most current (at least in terms of stability) version for the SM-T813. There exists even an T version but its in ALPHA status
https://xdaforums.com/t/unofficial-rom-alpha-lineageos-20-for-sm-t813-nov-13-2023.4600493/

You can try my latest Q build if this does any better?

e-1.17-q-20231206-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/SamsungSmartphones/e-1.17-q-20231206-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi.zip/download

Thanks I will try this !

I can reproduce the reboot problem almost every time when I launch the Airtable app , sounds like some kind of crash in MicroG ?