[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac) e-1.3-q Post #212

I’m sorry, but I don’t use /e/'s Browser: it’s not even installed in the Custom build I use on my ‘daily driver’ device.

I did see one report this morning that Spot search was down, and I believe that is the search engine the ./e/ Browser uses.

Sorry I can’t be more help

Ok thanks.
Can I ask what search engine do you use ?
I use duckduckgo but I’d like to change

On my phone I use Fennec browser with DuckDuckGo. In my laptops I use Firefox browser with Ecosia search engine. Adding Ecosia on my phone is on the to-do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried using /e/ search when I first started using /e/ but found it would return ‘sorry no results’ for a good few searches, so I stopped using it. I use duckduckgo but it relies on microsoft (search results) and amazon (ad revenue) … which is unfortunate.

1 Like

I use Startpage with IceCat Mobile browser (and NoScript + uBlock Origin!).
Works great.

1 Like

nice @Taurus I use ublock + noscript (love this, years of preferences saved) + decentraleyes + canvas blocker + user.js

user.js is pretty dang great.

I’m not paranoid, nor have I anything “to hide” I just love to make g work harder to track me :smile: I know they can track me, but they are just so greedy and creepy I’ll do what I can to make it more difficult / cost them more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Startpage uses Google results, isnt?

Yes, but see: What is the relationship between Startpage and Google? - Startpage.com Support
And: What is Startpage? - Startpage.com Support
And: Our Privacy Policy

Another plus, especially for Europeans, is that you can restrict your searches to use only EU servers if you want.

Thanks Taurus for that.

I have just a question in my head . Normally the searchs come from Google, BIng,Yahoo, and another one from Russia ,China and India. Nor mally in Europe we use the american ones , but what about if that companies breakdown, where the results of the searches will come from?? I mean, if Google dissapears, something utopical, where startpage will get their results from?

Isn not an European company trying to work about that, and I not talking about search engines, but about browser with potentes search browsers . Is not really happening?

Sorry I went completely out of the topic ofSony Xperia XZ1 talk. S

I suggest starting a new topic with those questions. It would be interesting to see the discussion. :slight_smile:

Is the build still with sony camera?

Yes - it still has both the Sony Camera app and /e/'s Camera app

1 Like

And is it possible to download any sony camera for any of the developers devices of sony? if yes, how to install it in my device ?

I’m sorry but I don’t know

There’s a new v0.20-q build available for this device. This one is built by /e/ rather than by me, but you should be able to ‘dirty flash’ it over your existing data. I have actually done some testing on this release, but I would still suggest backing up your existing setup before installation though :slight_smile:

Release notes for v0.20-q are here

List of fixed bugs is here

The build may be available as an OTA update - try Settings | System updates. If it is not available to you OTA, then it build is available here:

It includes the stock Sony camera and /e/'s Camera app

Enjoy! And please let me know whether you got the build OTA or from Android File Host.

2 Likes

Update check fails for me. I’m on 0.18-q-20210821-UNOFFICIAL-lilac still, since I had problems trying to install the last unofficial build. I’ll probably give this one a try sometime soonish. Thanks!

Yes - OTA will only work from the v0.19-q build (built by /e/)

1 Like

I just received a notification telling me there was a new update available.
I’ll try it tomorrow.
Do you think even with the OTA it’s better to make a backup first ?

And there are two updates available.
I did a screenshot so you can see because I don’t know if I have to make the two updates or if the one in october is actually the same that I already have.

It’s the first time my phone tells me there is an update :wink: I’m happy but a little lost