[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac) e-1.3-q Post #212

Yes. You probably won’t need it, but if something did go wrong with the installation (which is unlikely) you would be glad to have it

Just install the most recent one, the 0.20

All right, I’ll do that tomorrow.
Thanks a lot

So…problems for me again. As with the 0.19 build, I get stuck in a TWRP loop after installing 0.20. Actually 0.20 installs fine, but after I do my restore, the phone will only go back to TWRP.

Reverted to the 0.18 build, restored fine, booted fine, except I noticed there was no active screen lock. When I tried to set one, the Security settings screen wants me to enter my PIN, but when I input my usual PIN, it returns “wrong PIN” even though there’s allegedly no PIN set.

Everything seems to be restored fine, but it worries me that I’m unable to set a screen lock now. I’ve repeated the install and restore process several times now. EDIT: FIXED now, after another re-install and restore of 0.18.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, or why I get these boot loops, but is it time to just wipe and do a fresh install without trying to restore? Is it because I’m trying to move from Unofficial to Official? Should I just wait until the Android 11 version arrives to avoid going through the hassle twice?

Thanks for any ideas, Pete!

Why do you do a restore after the install ?
When the install is done I just click on reboot system.
I don’t know if that’s the reason but that way worked for me

1 Like

If everything has worked then there is no need to restore. I take the backup because, a couple of times an install failed and I had to wipe or format my data partition and start from scratch. This happens mostly because I work with several different ROMs (official, unofficial, custom), and probably wont happen to you :slight_smile:

So I always (mostly) take a backup as a kind of insurance. Like most insurance, it’s a waste of time and money until you happen to need it, at which point it is very worthwhile indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you doing a “dirty flash” (i.e. installing without wiping or formatting data)? That should work without needing to do a restore. If you are wiping / formatting data, then it could be a problem with your backup. I suggest

1. Go back to your working 0.18 build and data
  2. Take a new backup of your data partition (just in case)
  3. Dirty flash the new ROM
  4. Reboot

If you still get bootloops, then I trhink it may be time to start with a fresh install - sorry!

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve done the OTA install, everything went well.
Thanks

I’ll tell you if I detect some bugs

I’ve seen that the numbers bug during a call is fixed ! Thanks !

1 Like

Ah! I think you’ve identified my problem. Here’s what I’ve been doing:

1. Backup
  2. Format
  3. Install
  4. Reboot/Initial setup
  5. Reboot/Restore backup
  6. TWRP loop/Fail!

I understand now that I should have been doing:

1. Backup
  2. Install
  3. Reboot/Succeed! (hopefully)

I did say before that I don’t really understand the process. :rofl:

I’ll try again!

Done! I’m on 0.20 now; everything seems fine.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I still have the issue with LTE/2G/3G needing to be toggled; do you?

Also, my preferred screen timeout interval doesn’t seem to be working, but that also happened before, and eventually righted itself somehow. No big deal.

I don’t have the issue with LTE/2G/3G since I change carriers 2 months ago. Now it’s working fine.

1 Like

There sure are a lot of G8441s for sale on ebay right now. Perfect opportunity for someone to pick up a small, easy-to-unlock, easy-to-install-/e/-on phone.

Is the build still unofficial? And it will be in android 11 at some point? Thanks to @petefoth

Yes. Android 10 / Q build will never be official because it includes the Sony stock camera. The most recent builds have been built by /e/, not by me, and therefore support - and are available as - OTA updates. This may not last however, but the builds will also be available on AndroidFileHost.

With luck there will be an Android R build at some point. When there is, I will explore the possibility of it becoming official

1 Like

Do you think that the dev for the device in lineage will continous with it at some point or it is totaaly forgot?

The developer(s) of the original unofficial LOS ROM appear to be spending most of their time on different projects - the most recent release was nearly one year ago. However, another developer has taken up the challenge with a new unofficial LOS ROM and is currently putting a lot of work into maintaining and improving it, so I don’t think there is any danger of it being forgotten any time soon.

My unofficial and custom builds a re a bit behind the new LOS ROM. Bringing them up to date is on my to-do list, but I’m focussing on other stuff at the moment so I can’t give an ETA for that.

1 Like

Tell us if you need economic support !?

Thank you for the thought, but I don’t :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do I need to install any software binaries? if there is

Just download and working . first impression: incredible.

I got disappointed that Goggle is in the search bar in lawnchair and the other launcher. Is this build not degoogle as e/ ?