[UnOfficial Build] T | Xiaomi MSM8937 Devices (Mi8937) (land,santoni,ugg,Mi8937,prada)

Disclaimer:
This build is for those devices only:

• Redmi 3S / 3X (land)
  • Redmi 4X (santoni)
  • Redmi Note 5A / Y1 Prime (ugg)
  • Redmi 4 Standard (prada)

Instructions:
https://t.me/mi_msm8937/416

Downloads:

ROM OS Version: Android 13
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked bootloader

Version Information
I doesn’t have lan, ugg devices and I’m looking for tester and feedback

Created : 2023-09-02
Last Updated : 2023-09-02

Contributors
[ me-cafebabe ]

Sources

If you are satisfy by my work and want an “OFFICIAL” support for our phone, leave a comment.
More people = more chance to have it.

4 Likes

Please do OFFICIAL sir.
Working perfect on ugglite (note 5a)

Thank you very much. I can now revive my old device!

How should we go about getting these devices back to Official? I think it important especially as it is a shame that older devices are dropped when this is one of the main reasons for /E/ to exist. All the more reason to have this be official when Lineage OS supports the devices as well.

1 Like

Eidt: Sorry - Iwas wrong - see this post below

But LineageOS does not support these devices.According to the LOS Devices wiki page
- LOS support for land & santoni is discontinued
- LOS never supported ugg & `prada

I don’t believe /e/ will be interested in officially supporting devices which are not officially supported by LOS

I think we have a bit of “creative renaming” in the Lineage and /e/OS lists. Thus we do see, Edit for clarity Lineage and /e/ builds in the links below.

These devices all use the same LineageOS build. The vendor may have released the same device under multiple names, or the maintainer may support multiple devices using the same code.

I am not sure where these are marked as being discontinued. Listed on the link you gave, each of these devices are found under Redmi 3S, each listed as variants, and now are under the active Mi8937 project.
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/Mi8937/

Here are the builds:
https://download.lineageos.org/devices/Mi8937/builds

Sorry - I looked on the Devices wiki page with the ‘Hide discontinued devices’ filter displayed: land & ugg showed up as 'greyed out`, which usually means that support is discontinued. I didn;t dig any deeper, or I would have found out that support for these devices was migrated to Mi8937 builds.

My apologies.

No Apologies necessary! What can be done to ensure that these devices become official, and are offered to /e/ users? I believe that the longer older devices remain listed as unsupported, the faster they will go into the trash (recycling). It would behoove many to get this going. These are still good phones.

1 Like

Hmmm I provided the link to the Official ROM in my earlier reply [UnOfficial Build] T | Xiaomi MSM8937 Devices (Mi8937) (land,santoni,ugg,Mi8937,prada) - #6 by aibd

So, how much derivation occurs between these Mi8937 models? I am not so familiar with what is needed code/firmware wise for the slight differences in models.

Just installed the official Mi8937 1.16 Android 12/S on Redmi 4X (santoni), it works :smiley_cat:
Some apps missing but available as PWA, that was expected.

Didn’t try 1.15 Android 13/T because it’s missing a /e/ recovery.

Side notes:

• had to update to latest platform tools to flash super partitions image
  • comming from crDroid with a custom retrofit partitions scheme, had to go back to Miui:
  • from flashing script in /e/OS image:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "land" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "land" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "santoni" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "santoni" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "ugg" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ugg" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "Mi8937" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "Mi8937" || abort("E3004: This package is for device: land,santoni,ugg,Mi8937; this device is " + getprop("ro.product.device") + "."););
ui_print("Target: Xiaomi/land/land:6.0.1/MMB29M/V10.2.2.0.MALMIXM:user/release-keys");
1 Like

I have Land here, and i was tested it on my device, Xiaomi Redmi 3S 3/32 Variant and it worked well, you can see it there