[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial /e/ Builds for Lineage Supported Tablets

The step-by-step instructions in the /e/ documentation are similar to those in LineageOS and apply to unofficial builds.

Alright great thanks

It worked and running like a charm, thanks for all the help! I installed the Kiss launcher as you can see, because the /e/ launcher does not appear optimized yet for tablets (happy to give some feedback on that if the developers would appreciate it). For others wanting to do this: it was really easy, also installing the Kiss launcher was just done via the Fdroid app store.

3 Likes

How did you buy the plus? I mean the pro version is very similar and has a built-in beamer as welll.

i bought it secondhand- i think there are quite a few available.
if you meant “why” it is because there is an /e/ version (albeit unofficial) for the plus and not for the pro
Rik

1 Like

@Rik was a version ever created for the 2016 Tab A SM-T580?

Yes, but I think it was a private test build, it is not aviable in the list of the unofficial builds

List of the devices supported by the community

@piero anyway I can find out who may have built it?

Better reread the post where you have seen it…
I think the guy don’t want to become device maintainer.
This device is not LineageOS supported
Tab s & Tab s2 are well supported.

Yes, this is why I wonder that there is not at least one officially supported tablet for /e/.

Not for the moment :
List of the devices supported by the /e/ team
But :
List of the devices supported by the community

i think your question is answered right!
for me my strategy is:

1. i use an unofficial build for my tablet
  2. i regularly ask the /e/ team for support for tablets
    The 2016 Tab A SM-T580 is a good one to ask support for, because it was sold in such great quantities

That’s a good hardware from Samsung. The question is then: What is not working with the unofficial build?

I am currently running lineage 17.1 with signature spoofing and microg with no obvious issues, But would like to give /e/ a whirl on my tablet. Already run /e/ on my galaxy S9+.

Hello, did you build it? Is the image available somewhere? Or should I try this myself?

Hello, you can find all the unofficial builds over there :

We do know that Gestures are coming to Bliss in 2021, and that is only one of many improvements.
I hope we see Bliss become adaptive for a Tablet as well.

I think /e/ can draw inspiration from both iOS/iPadOS 14 as well as One UI 3/3.1 launchers for the next generation of the Bliss launcher that maybe ideal for Tablets.

I have no doubt this will take time, if it’s even possible at all. However Apple did make a huge overhaul of it’s interface with iOS 13. Having a similarly inspired interface only makes sense of Bliss is to mimic iOS/iPadOS. Apple users will now expect this new way of interacting with gestures on the phone/tablet as a default, compared to what came before. One UI 3.1 from Samsung seems to have a few of these same features as well. Most iPhone/iPad users will not want to go back to the old way of navigation as most people are using gestures on most devices now.

So which of the features do you see from iOS and iPadOS would you like to see in the next generation of Bliss launcher? The videos below may give people a few ideas. Please share.

iOS 15 & iPadOS 15 Redesign
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJjnbPNwNGU
One UI 3 intro, Phone & Tablet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0hF9Ys4PWA
One UI 3.1 on Galaxy Tab S7+
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppUBpUxHb18

[LIST] /e/OS Supported Tablets

Can /e/ support the Sony Xperia Z2 Wifi please? the tablet is available second hand at a fair price and still ok with recent latest Lineage build installed. (castor_windy)