[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial /e/ Q Build for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ (beyondlte family)

If the manifests are OK then I can have a go at building a v0.14-q ROM. It may be few days though - I’m currently fighting with backing up and restoring my Sony devices :slight_smile:

Hey,

One thing, the manifest does not populate the /vendor folder. @modpunk decided to populate the /vendor folder by hismelf, directly from the stock rom tar.gz file. I attached the steps on how to extract it.

However, in my builds, I was never able to have a bootable/working zip. I always had to replace my vendor.img by @modpunk’s vendor.img. That’s weird, but seems it works fine this way.

For more information, you can read the /e/ Q thread I created on XDA.

I had the same problem: my Xperia XZ1C ROMs were based on his LOS17.1 and I was pulling in files from his vendor_sony_lilac repo. It wasn’t till I extracted the files myself (from a device running his ROM which is less fiddly than extracting from a ROM) that my ROM would boot. Took me weeks to figure that out :slight_smile:

Your manifests still point to @modpunk’s vendor repos. I guess that’s no longer necessary. For my ROMs I put the extracted files in a gitlab repo and pointed my manifest there, so I guess I could do the same here

I’m a bit confused about this I downloaded @modpunk’s latest ROM and yours and there’s no vendor.img but there are three files vendor.new.dat.br vendor.patch.dat vendor.transfer.list, Is it just a case of replacing those files in the built ROM zip file withe the versions from @modpunk’s?

I’ve had a quick look, but I’ll read through it again when I get round to building. Thanks for your help

Yes, whatever vendor.*** file you’ll find must be replaced. Sorry, I took a shortcut saying vendor.img

Thanks.

One more question if I may. I thought about it a bit more and, as we are going to use the vendor files from @modpunk’s ROM, then it doesn’t matter what we have in our vendor files. If we can get our ROM to build from the files in the whatawurst vendor repos referenced in your manifest, then we just have to swap our vendor files out after the build, and we would not need to extract all vendor files from @modpunk’s ROM to make ours?
[ANSWER] beyond0lte,beyond1lte both build OK. beyond2lte is missing some vendor files. Instead, I’m using vendor files from zunaid321's android_vendor_samsung_beyond2lte repo

Or is it the case that our ROM won’t build using the files in the whatawurst repos? (I know I could find this out by trying to build, but a: I’m lazy :slight_smile: and b: I’d like to find out what I may be letting myself in for!)

And finally (for now :slight_smile:). What device code(s) did you put in the DEVICE_LIST parameter in your build? Is it beyond0lte,beyond1lte,beyond2lte? [SOLVED] Those are the correct device codes

Thanks again.

1 Like

So here are some freshly made ROMs, built from the v0.14q tag

I don’t own any of these devices, so I can’t flash these ROMs and I don’t know whether they will work. There is no reason why they shouldn’t, but please back up everything before you start!

If you are currently running one of @Anghirrim’s e-0.13-q ROMs, then there is a good chance that a ‘dirty flash’ (i.e. without wiping the data partition) will work, but if you care about your existing apps and data, please back up everything before you start!

(A dirty flash may also work if you are currently running a LineageOS 17.1 ROM.)

If this is your first custom ROM, then I would repeat @Anghirrim’s advice in an earlier post

To make the builds I have taken the same approach as @Anghirrim:

1. I have built the ROMs as usual (see below for more details) using this manifest, based on @Anghirrim’s, but with a change to pick up vendor files for the S10+ from a different repo (owned by a developer known as @zunaid321 who builds AOSP-based ROMs). These files are named as you would expect - e-0.14-q-.... .zip
  2. I have then created patched versions by removing the built vendor files and replacing them with the vendor files from @modpunks latest LineageOS 17.1 ROMs. These files have the characters -mpv appended to the name e-0.14-q-.....-mpv.zip

For S10e (SM-G970F, beyond0lte) and Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F, beyond1lte) the patched (-mpv) versions are most likely to work, as I haven’t done anything differently from @Anghirrim’s early ROMs. If anyone has time to try the unpatched versions, that would be great, but if you just want to get your phone working, then go with the patched version :slight_smile:

For Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte), it may be worth trying the unpatched version, as I am picking up the vendor files from a different repo, and I would love to know whether that makes any difference and allows the ROMs to boot. Again though, if you’re in a hurry, probably best to start with the patched version.

So - and with a final reminder to please back up everything before you start! - here are the files

• For Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F, beyond0lte) the files are here

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322292

• Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F, beyond1lte) the files are here

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322296

• Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F, beyond2lte) the files are here

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322298

Building

I currently build using a patched version of @andrelam’s?) builde script but it should be possible to build the official way using Docker, (or any other combination of spells that works for you to build e-OS ROMs :slight_smile: ). The important / interesting variables I used in the build were

export INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=false
export BRANCH_NAME='v0.14-q'
export SIGN_BUILDS=false
export DEVICE_LIST='beyond0lte,beyond1lte,beyond2lte'
1 Like

Thank you for your interest. My smartphone model is beyond0lte Exynos 9820.

1 Like

Do you intend to work on the android 11 version of this rom?

I am already using a version 0.14 for s10e, thanks man.

Did you go with the patched version?

I’ve no plans to do anything with Android 11 until the /e/ developers start making official builds available.

All I am doing is building for devices that /e/ don’t plan to support, and my main interest is in the Sony devices that I actually own :slight_smile: Once I have builds for those, I’m happy to build for other devices so long as the build doesn’t take too long. But no long term commitment to support any particular ROM.

At the moment I have a lot of time for this because the weather is awful and golf courses are closed because of Covid. When that changes I will be spending much less time on ROM building :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to continue with this construction. You said it doesn’t take long, but you need experience? Do you have any tutorial suggestions for building a rom?

I can point you in the right direction, but it’ll take a couple of days to pull my notes together.You need access to a powerful computer - either your own, or in the cloud - with plenty of memory, 250GB or more disk storage and good internet bandwidth. There are a couple of cloud providers who offer free or cheap computing resource which is how I started off. I’ll give more information and links when I can

In the meantime have a look at this document. It’s the official guide on how to build /e/. That’s pretty much how I started.

2 Likes

Hello, I tried on my S10+ … but didn’t work at all! … -mpv file should be 986.6MB when I download its just 93MB.
beyond2lte looks good (937.5MB) but when I try to install, I get “Zip file is corrupt!” in TWRP

Still looking for an reliable version, @Anghirrim version 13 is already better than 12, but still have many issues with face-sensor (or light-sensor). Some apps are freezing (kleinanzeigen from ebay) … but funny thing is banking apps are running like charm (would have expected the opposite:)

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry things haven’t worked.

It may be worth trying the download again: when I check on AFH, it is showing as 986.6MB

Did you have the ‘Zip signature verification’ checkbox ticked? If so I think the verification will fail.

Other than that, I have no ideas. Sorry!

1 Like

Hey thanks for fast reply (I also posted in xda-forum, sorry was my usual spot:)

• mpv version says 986.6MB till the moment you really download, than it save 93MB file tried 3 Browsers now (chrome, opera, tor) each time multiple mirros all the same 93MB file gets saved … maybe a problem with androidfilehost! they should measure the file, right?

the default one (beyond2lte) I tried with and without verification, when on “Zip signature verification failed!”, when off “Zip file is corrupt”.
Downloaded on Opera and Chrome, but the same …
My steps: download, copy on SD, start TWRP, wipe “Cache/Dalvic”, format Data, install …
anything wrong with my steps?

1 Like

Looks like there was a problem uploading to Android File Host. I’ve deleted the corrupt files, and uploaded the built versions again.

The patched version is at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722773
The MD5 Checksum is b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 .

You can use that to check the downloaded file: in the directory you downloaded to run the following

md5sum e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip

The number output should be match the checksum i.e

b60b0747c048f4d022b089c0f1f83d59 e-0.14-q-20210124-UNOFFICIAL-beyond2lte-mpv.zip
If you’re on Mac OS use md5 -r ... instead of mp5sum

The unpatched version is at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=17248734326145722777. MD5 checksum is 43b7f41e79d50f75e0e0d846f09e8df1

The checksums shown on AFH match the checksums of the files on my build machine

Do let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

After format /data, tap back to the main menu, tap reboot to recovery
Then wipe /cache /davilk-cache /system
and then install

1 Like

It looks like the unpatched versions are still broken so I have removed them. They’re not going to work so no point leaving them up.

Just use the patched versions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you hint some links about these cloud providers and maybe a pointer to a good how to set this up?!

Please see this post:

Which links to my personal Wiki page at

https://git.coop/phone-custom-roms/backlog/-/wikis/Building-`e`-ROMs

which in turn contains links to two separate cloud providers, along with much, much more :wink:

This post by @Manoj describes how to use Google’s own cloud computing resources to build /e/, also fpr free :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just noticed that the link to my manifest is broken. The correct link is https://git.coop/phone-custom-roms/manifests/-/blob/main/one-offs/S10-family_Q_LOS_manifest.xml

And, just in case it gets broken again, the manifests contains this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond0lte" path="device/samsung/beyond0lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond1lte" path="device/samsung/beyond1lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_beyond2lte" path="device/samsung/beyond2lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_device_samsung_exynos9820-common" path="device/samsung/exynos9820-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_slsi_sepolicy" path="device/samsung_slsi/sepolicy" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_kernel_samsung_exynos9820" path="kernel/samsung/exynos9820" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_vendor_samsung_beyond0lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond0lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="whatawurst/android_vendor_samsung_beyond1lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond1lte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
   <project name="zunaid321/android_vendor_samsung_beyond2lte" path="vendor/samsung/beyond2lte" remote="github" revision="master" />
</manifest>
2 Likes