[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pi/e/ Community Build for Samsung Galaxy SII / S2 - i9100

Ah, thanks! I will try with adb and without sd, and report back in a couple days.

Amazing work ! Thanks a lot @Chimpthepimp !
My i9100 was previously in Resurrection Remix 5.8.4 (Android 7.1.2) and Itā€™s clearly incredible to see how the system is fluent in /e/ (Android 9.0)
It took 10mn to boot the first time but next time, 1mn was enough.
Nearly no difference between my Galaxy S2 and my Galaxy S5 mini (also with /e/)

Found the problems: me probably.
I see i last time followed the nice solution by yeti from May 1, but forgot the original point 17: wiping!
Secondly: This time i wiped. However i could not wipe nor repair and wipe cache because it for some reason was formatted F2FS. (maybe some rest from earlier tries with lineagos, or was the original OS using F2FS?) I now used TWRP to reformat it to ext4.
Then it just worked. I did not try installing from SD this time. Used adb to sideload. From a test install of Mageia 8 Linux (tip: fastboot is in Mageia named fastboot-android (fastboot as root reboots the computer).
Phone boots fine, i can set language etc. Will try to actually use it some other day.

:smile: THANK YOU ! :smile:

@Chimpthepimp : Thanks a lot! Impressive how this got this old Phone to be usable again!
Do you want collect feedback? Here is some:

• SIM: Do not detect when inserted. Reboot works to detect it.
  • SIM: It does not seem to read contacts from SIM card (or how do I tell it to?)
  • I moved icons of installed apps around, put into groupsā€¦ after having installed a few more i cannot move them, they just sit there vibratingā€¦?
  • Maps app say it is old and incompatible with available maps. But as it is a core app, I risk breaking the system if i install a newer version using Aurora?

You can update magic earth

@Chimpthepimp : Will you consider updating your build ?

As i have understood Chimpthepimpā€™s lastest post is dated from August the 16, his profile says he is currently not available, maybe an automne student session. i hope he will come back soon.

Yes i am working abroad on a vessel of an environmental organusationā€¦ The plan is to be back around april next year, I am looking forward to update my builds :wink: in the mean time if anyone wants to pick it up, the instructions and manifests can be found on the forumā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will try and update the build

3 Likes

If you run into any kind of troubles donā€™t hesitate to ask me :slight_smile:

1 Like

A new unofficial up-to-date Pie-build for the galaxy S2 i9100

This build is untested, so make a backup first and share your experience.

3 Likes

Great work @itsclarence ! This new build installed successfully on my GS2. It took 7mn to boot and everything seems to work perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks for the build. Installed this on my S2. Trying to setup shelter. Are Work profiles not supported?

Thank you @itsclarence for this update !

However, I donā€™t have any notification to change the USB mode (between MTP/PTP/etc.) when I plug the phone to my computer, though I can set the USB mode in the developersā€™ options. Am I missing something ?

Also, has anyone managed to install Magisk on that ROM ? Iā€™ve tried using this script but am apparently missing some prerequisites : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/issues/622#issuecomment-739859109

is an update to Q possible? :pray:
I like my gt i9100 very much. :heart:

It should be possible, the sources for lineage 17.1 on this device exist :slight_smile:

1 Like

For those interested, neither patching boot.img with Magisk (v22) nor flashing rlNanDOā€™s patched image has worked for me. :cry:

Has anyone else been luckier ?

@breversa : If you want to flash your GSII with the latest build of /e/, the best way to do this (what I did) is to restore a stock rom first. Then you can follow the proc to do the /e/ installation properly.

My Galaxy S II is already on /e/ ; what Iā€™m struggling with is installing Magisk.

Are there any newer builds?