[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Unofficial Pie Build for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)

In my case, the problem is not only on this build, but on /e/ OS in general. I already faced this one year ago, that is why I went back to stock firmware during 6 months and changed my battery.

Ok good to know.
I think about moving to an S9 which is strongly supported by /e/

There are not many small phones supported, could you recommend a 5 inch model like S7 ?
I think maybe Samsung Galaxy Xover 5 64GB ?
Whats your thought on this.

/e/OS works well for me on my S7. I am on the dev channel, so I’m running Oreo. Occasionally there is a random reboot, but I would say that it only happens once every few weeks.

Sony have made several excellent compact devices. Xperia Z3 Compact (z3c) and Z5 Compact (suzuran) are both officially supported be /e/. There is also an unofficial /e/ ROM for XZ1 Compact (lilac). You can find the specs of all these phones on GsmArena

I am also thinking about getting the S9 in the future, which is the last Samsung model (with S9+) among the Murena phones, with good support. The screen is larger but the form factor is “only” 5mm higher than the S7, and smaller than the S8. And it is surely easier and cheaper to find on refurbishers stores than other brands models.

I owned the Z3 Compact in the past, it was a very good phone but I never had the opportunity to test it with /e/ OS.

Guys,
happy new year !
New version :

With md5 :

I’m still on the stock firmware, so I cannot test this build.
Please backup before installing…

3 Likes

Thank you very much Laurent. It’s working fine on my S7.
And Happy new year !

Many thanks!
It seems fine also for me (update with a cache wipe only).

The only thing is that a “Voice Recognition” icon and notification appears after startup, without the possibility to close it (only when it crashed).

Thanks a lot for the good job. All is fine on my S7

Google Pixel 4a is very small in size, similar to the S7.

Hi guys,
I finally bought a refurbish S10… I can continue to build S7 ROM but I will not be able to test it, so, be aware of that. I can even give my Virtual Machine to anyone… ?

The new build :

With md5 :

Cheers

1 Like

For the moment, it works well!

Hi Laurent, I have a S7 in use. And iam interested in building. But I have no experience with it. How difficult is ut?

Hi! slightly new here, do we have any idea when a build for Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930A will come about? no one seems interested in this model lately, of that I can find at least.

oh sorry…
It’s not so difficult… I mean, now, I wrote my scripts so each time I want to make a build, I just have to type the command “./update.sh”
Do you have any Linux experience?

(I’m currently building a new version…)

New build on version 0.23 :

with md5 :

Again, not able to test the build so be careful and don’t forget to backup your data.

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi LaurentG, yes I have Linux experience. I use LinuxMint 20.3
I decided to become part of the /e/ testing team, for a new official built for the S7. So I think I cannot test both builts.
But I am still interested in building. Just to learn, how to do. So maybe you can give me the required informations?
Thanks for your work. Its fine.

Hi guys,

I know, it not the thread’s subject, but I think it can be interesting for some people here if you did’nt see it anywhere:

https://community.e.foundation/t/s7-s7-edge-os-ota-testing-time/39407

Maybe for some people (as me), it could be a way in helping /e/ easier than building.

Regards

blocked.gif

That’s a good news !!
So S7 will receive official update, I guess I will be able to stop building my own version…

Continue to try and the test the official, that’s better for the community :wink:

2 Likes