[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] (Updated) Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (lilac) e-1.5.1-s-20221110

:cry: I’m really sad but I completely understand :wink:
Thanks for making /e/ possible on this device !!!

I’m not sure if I should try to install v.1.7 s
I’m currently on v.1.7 q and since I’m not a very techy person, I’m afraid it won’t work and I won’t be able to come back to v1.7q.
May I ask what won’t work if I install v.1.7 s and don’t have the microG En framework ?

Only some Covid contact tracking apps e.g. the UK NHS one. Not a big deal any longer. Everything else should work at least as well as 1.7-q

Wonderful, I’ll try it then. Thanks

Do you think a dirty flash from v1.7 q to v1.7s will work ?

Not sure. Worth backing up just in case. I generally use both

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately, adb doesn’t work. I don’t understand why. I’ve done it several times in my life and it always worked.
I’ve got this response

adb: sideload connection failed: insufficient permissions for device: missing udev rules? user is in the plugdev group
See [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html] for more information
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method…
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: insufficient permissions for device: missing udev rules? user is in the plugdev group
See [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html] for more information

or this one

adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method…
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

If you have any ideas. I’ve looked several things but didn’t find the solution

Sounds like a problem with your PC setup. Sorry but I have no idea how to fix that

1 Like

Well I don’t know what did it, but I allowed the “root debug” and then put “sudo adb etc…” and it worked :wink:
Everything seems to work well, I have all my applications. Just need to get used to the new look :slight_smile:

Here’s a new CUSTOM build made from the v1.8.1-s tag. (See here for information about build types)

The reason it is CUSTOM rather than UNOFFICIAL, is that in this build it is possible to use Trebuchet as the default Home / Launcher app. If you clean flash the build, you will be offered a choice between Trebuchet and Bliss at the end of first time setup. This was achieved by changing two lines of code, (shown in the patch in my previous post).

I don’t plan to make an UNOFFICIAL build without the Trebuchet change: if you don’t want to use Trebuchet, then choose Bliss, which should work as well as it always does :wink:

Release notes here

I have clean flashed the build and it seems to work: the test phone boots up fine, receives calls and SMS, internet access via WiFi and mobile network both work, fingerprint scanner works. It should dirty flash OK over previous unofficial and custom S builds, but - as always - use at your own risk.

Have fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue here…

Can you tell me what you did to resolve this problem?

I get the same error like missing Udev rules…

I don’t really know, but I allowed the root debug and then wrote the same but with sudo first.
The first time I dit it, it didn’t work but then I re-did the same (I also wrote sudo adb devices while in TWRP) and then sudo adb sideload and this time it worked.
Honestly I’m not sure why the last time worked, I’m sorry

Hi there,

I tried to make a backup before updating to 1.8.1-s but I got this stuff written at the top :
“Unable to decrypt FBE device”

And it stopped at 15% and then I have this
“CreateTarFork() process ended with error 255”

Do you know why I get that and how I can do to be able to backup ?

Thanks

I haven’t used TWRP backup for a while - sorry. Were you trying to backup just the data partition or Boot, System and Data?

I remember seeing something like this in the past when trying to backup with no screen lock set. I think that Android does encryption using a key based on the screen lock (Pattern or PIN). If no screen lock is set, then a random key is generated and used. When TWRP starts, if screen lock is set, the PIN or pattern must be entered, and is therefore available for TWRP to use to decrypt the data. If there is no screen lock set, then TWRP does not have access to the generated random key, and is therefore unable to decrypt the data, so fails to backup, with the error message you quote.

So, if you don’t already have a screen lock set, you may be able to get round this problem by setting a PIN or pattern in /e/OS, then rebooting to TWRP, entering the PIN or pattern, and re-trying the backup.

If you do already have a screen lock set, then I don;t know what the problem is - sorry!

The reason I haven’t used TWRP backup in a while is that I use Android Backup and Restore Tools project to back up user apps and data. It backs up just about everything I need, except for

• eCloud / Murena account details. I can live with the hassle of re-entering this when I need to restore or migrate apps
  • email accounts and setting: I export them using the app to my external SD card
  • Messages and call logs: I use the SMS Import / Export app to sync/export to SD card

You will need access to a machine - real or virtual - running Linux. and enable rooted debugging in /e/OS

Thanks for your answer

I was trying to backup boot system and data.
I have a PIN and that’s the problem, it doesn’t ask me for my PIN code anymore (in TWRP).
That’s the first time since I went from 1.7-q to 1.7-s that I go to TWRP. Before the update it always asked me for my PIN but this time it didn’t.
I read a few things but I didn’t see any answers…
Maybe a re-install we’ll do it ?
But if I do that, will I have to re-install every apps ?

I think you will need to update your TWRP: earlier versions won’t cope wiht the changes to file encryption between Android Q and Android S.
I use version 3.6.2_12-0 from here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/yoshino/files/lilac/twrp/

1 Like

Thanks a lot.
Stupid question, I have no idea how to update TWRP ? I’m really sorry :grimacing:

No worries. The steps for installing a recovery are the same for this device as for Xperia Z5 Compact, which are described here
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/suzuran/install#installing-a-custom-recovery-using-fastboot

2 Likes

Does it take long because I did that and nothing is happening (it’s been at least 10 min)
fastboot

It shouldn’t take that tong. Try powering off, booting to recovery (Volume down + power buttons). If it doesn’t work, try and flash it again

1 Like