[UNOFFICIAL BUILD] Xiaomi Mi 9T (davinci) for /e/OS-T

I have 2 problems with the rom:
The first is that the App Lounge fails everytime, for every application even foss ones from f-droid just download up to 100% then tells “Retry”, maybe a problem of the underlying installer. I tried to clear the cache and app data and connect with my own account but it didn’t change anything.
My bank app also wasn’t working, i needed to edit /system/build.prop and change ro.build.tags=release-keys and ro.debuggable=0. The official versions didn’t need this change iirc

New update:
e-1.16.1-t-20231102-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=16385555061192797073

Successful update without PC and without data loss from version e-1.15-t-20231010-UNOFFICIAL-davinci_mi9t via adb sideload e-1.16.1-t-20231102-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.zip from OTB USB stick. Android security update September 5, 2023.

The e-Recovery V1.15 has not been updated, although “Update recovery” is activated in the settings. Status still e-Recovery V.15

e-1.18-t-20231210-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.zip
https://sourceforge.net/projects/eosbuildsronnz98/files/XiaomiSmartphones/e-1.18-t-20231210-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.zip/download

Successful manual update to version T-V1.18 without PC and without data loss.

Direct download from @ronnz98’s e-1.18-t-20231210-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.zip to my ‘davinci’, then move *.zip file to a USB-C stick using e-Dateimananger.

• Boot e-system into the e-Recovery T-V1.15
  • Apply Update
  • Choose from usbtg (USB-C stick)

The existing e-Recovery T-V1.15 was not updated to version T-V1.18, although this was activated in the system in the Mi 9T. e-Recovery T-V.18 now subsequently updated via fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.

:sunglasses: Credit: Thank you very much @ronnz98 for building this new /e/OS-T 1.18 ROM.

Hello,

New owner of a Xiaomi Mi 9T, I had some problems with the recovery mode in Chinese, see here: Xiaomi Mi 9T Recovery mode in Chinese Help! - #51 by Fougor

I managed to install the Global ROM and the recovery is now in English. My android version is 13. I then installed LineageOS to test it, but I’d like to go back to /e/OS.

Is this possible? Because @aibd told me that going back to an earlier version would be dangerous.

Thanks for your answers and suggestions.

earlier version? The official LineageOS for ‘davinci’ is version lineage-20.0-20231231, also based on Android 13 like @ronnt98’s e-1.18-t-20231210-UNOFFICIAL-davinci.

An OS change should be possible without further ado. Personally, however, I would first replace the LOS recovery with the e-rRcovery.

All right. Thanks for the feedback.

But I don’t know what the e-rRcovery is and what it’s for?
Please explain.
I understand some things, but this goes beyond that. :grin: :grin:

Screenshot e-Recovery

What is recovery?

Okay, I get it. So it’s the /e/ recovery that installs and will be more able to install /e/OS.
I tried to download the e recovery, but alas, I found nothing.
Is there a download page? If so, where is it?

Thanks for your help.

it is not necessary, as recovery-e is the same as lineageos-recovery, only rebranded…
it should/must do the job (it is expected because its mission is to install such recovery compatible .ZIP)

you need to extract it from the downloaded /e/ .ZIP (it is included in it)

Thanks, I found it. I’ll install it tomorrow.

The vague wording «it should do the job» sounds to me like - I don’t really know, but theoretically it should work because e-recovery is like lineage-recovery, only rebranded. Well, it’s always worth a try.

excuse me, i am French and for us it is the same verb… “devoir” (have to, also moral exigence)
only temporal conjugaison variation “il devrait” (that is expected), “il doit” (it is forced to)
i have corrected

All good @piero, when translating our native language into English, misunderstandings can quickly arise.

1 Like

I hope I’m in the right place.
I would like to thank the person or team who built this unofficial /e/OS for the MI 9T.
I no longer have any problems with my bank’s app.

Bravo and many thanks for what you do.

3 Likes

Hello, I have a question.

In the post above where you detail the installation of version 1.18-t-20231210, you write: “then move *.zip file to a USB-C stick using e-Dateimananger.”

What is e-Dateimananger?

Is it an app?

Thanks for the answer.

Dateimanager is the German word for Filemanager

Oh right, thanks for the info. It’s clearer.

First of all thanks for /e/OS and the davinci-build! @ronnz98 is there a 1.20 build planned?